Info on Hunting Montana

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
houndman_1
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Info on Hunting Montana

Postby houndman_1 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:32 pm

Well wife and I decided Montana is where we want to retire too,Oregon has become way to liberal for my taste and so now I'm doing our research because I want to retire to good hunting. I'm medically retired from the Army after injuries and decided that Oregon is good but we want to buy a few acres so I can have hounds and them not bother neighbors or neighbors not bother me. Any ideas guys? could sure use some input here.
Brett
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Info on Hunting Montana

Postby Mike Leonard » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:11 pm

Ekalaka.

Land prices cheap, not many neighbors, and lots of ground to hunt. Gets a bit cold in the winter but heck, that's Montana....
MIKE LEONARD
Somewhere out there.............
houndman_1
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby houndman_1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:17 pm

Thank you Mike I sure appreciate the help.Its been a few years since we have talked, hope you and yours are doing well!
Brett
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Mike Leonard » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:50 pm

You bet Brett.

That unknown corner of the state has excellent bobcat hunting, and in the past years cougar numbers have really increased as well.

Back in the day I hunted the Long Pines and the Chalk Butte areas and caught lots of big pretty cats. We seldom saw a cougar track back then but now it is very common. Very unlike central, and northwest Montana. If you are a big tree lover forget it, but you are also just a hop and skip from South Dakota, and Wyoming,
MIKE LEONARD
Somewhere out there.............

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”