Az High desert

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
dirtdodge
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Az High desert

Postby dirtdodge » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:07 am

Best of luck to you Dan! I'm sure it's a lot different than where you're at in WI. but you'll figure it out.
Dan McDonough
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dan McDonough » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:34 am

Thanks, I'm pretty excited for the change of scenery.

Another thing I didn't mention. There seems to be something controling the cactus. I noticed that one valley will be choked with cactus and the next will not have very many. I'm guessing there will be waves of this as I travel across the countryside. If I can find my way well enough, I ought to be able to come up with routes through the hills and mountains that are nicer to be in. Of course, I'll have to figure out what the animals prefer and go with the game, but I'm looking forward to the puzzle.

It also seems like there is an obscene amount of small game right around the neighborhoods in the transition from suburb to wild country. If this goes how I think it will, AZ is about to get raped when I get there with the lurchers. It's going to be a target rich environment to bring up the UBD pups in. I just wish I was bringing more of them with.

I've given away about 1/3 of the UBD pups and will go down by 1/3 more. It's a shame really, but I'm going to be living out of a trailer until we find a suitable house and I can only manage around 8-10 dogs, if that many.

Pretty big adventure ahead, I'd say.
I am.

Repeal the 19th Amendment.
pautenis18

Postby pautenis18 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:33 pm

Is there anyone on here that runs hounds in Arizona? I’ve been looking for someone to go with and bring my pup but haven’t had any luck finding anyone please get in contact with me if anyone is interested thank you in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”