Bobcat Dog book on YouTube

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
john porter
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Bobcat Dog book on YouTube

Postby john porter » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:38 pm

Enjoying your you tube channel, please keep going. I enjoy listening to a chapter after a hard days work...
Porter's Plotts
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:31 pm

rum3002576 wrote:How many would make it worth while

Thank you for your interest. It looks like about fifty copies are spoken for here. And someone called me from Montana saying he wanted copies for all his Freinds which would be about 30. 60 something have subscribed to the YouTube readings. There is no guarantee that they would by a copy, but I am guessing a lot of them are the same people who have said they would buy a book. I would feel completely safe making 80 and I think I could do that without loosing money. Time and headaches might have to be donated though.

The first time, I ended up spending about $5 per book sold for advertising to enable me to sell out and get rid of them.

YouTube is free advertising. So right now, I am just planning to try and find the people out there who would really enjoy the book. (I am gauging that by the number of people who subscribe.) That seems to be taking a long time. And the season we are in probably has fewer people searching hunting themes on YouTube. So it may take awhile before I feel confident about having found as many as I am going to find so I can know the number to make.

john porter wrote:Enjoying your you tube channel, please keep going. I enjoy listening to a chapter after a hard days work...

I really appreciate your feedback John, both here and on youtube. It keeps me going. Your activity in the comment section on YouTube helps bump it up in the search engine, which helps me find the people who might enjoy it. So a double “thank you” to you!
driftwood blue
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby driftwood blue » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:51 pm

I know I( am not a real tech guy-- just what is involved with the subscribe on you tube?

I do still enjoy a book I can hold in my hand! would most likely buy one if they come available.
Don
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:38 am

driftwood blue wrote:I know I( am not a real tech guy-- just what is involved with the subscribe on you tube?

I do still enjoy a book I can hold in my hand! would most likely buy one if they come available.
Don

The tech thing has been a constant challenge for me also.

If you go to the YouTube video to watch it, there is a place to click or tap that says “subscribe”. You just click it and then a bell appears and you click that if you want to be notified every time a new video is posted to that Channel. You might have to make a YouTube account for all that. I am not sure.

There is no cost and they don’t ask for a credit card or anything like that.

If you have questions beyond that, you could ask and maybe someone else would know.

Thank you for asking
cm9

Postby cm9 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:04 am

I would also definitely be interested in a print version of the book if you decide to publish more. Thanks,Chris
Ndigs
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Ndigs » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:24 am

Man David, this is just getting better and better, and I didn't have to fly to Arkansas. Keep it rolling, GOOD STUFF, this time the movie is getting better than the book . Could hear the interview just fine. Thanks for all your work on this. Still learning.
Tom Griffith
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:51 am

cm9 wrote:I would also definitely be interested in a print version of the book if you decide to publish more. Thanks,Chris

I appreciate your effort to let me know. It helps.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:55 am

Ndigs wrote:Man David, this is just getting better and better, and I didn't have to fly to Arkansas. Keep it rolling, GOOD STUFF, this time the movie is getting better than the book . Could hear the interview just fine. Thanks for all your work on this. Still learning.
Tom Griffith

I’ve been sick about the stuff I thought I had on video, but it’s not there. If a guy can get Billy going, it is not only full of truth it is extremely entertaining. I had him going and thought I had captured it, but it’s not there. So it sure helps to hear from you Tom. Thank you.

The thing at the end “a guy almost needs to be on anti-depressants to be a cat hunter”. That stuff is fun, and there is more of it where that came from. I hope I can catch some of it some day.

He left his coat in my truck. When I told him he said he would have to come get it because it is his lucky coat. I said lucky for what? He said that’s the problem, he didn’t have it on while we were hunting. So if he shows up for his lucky coat, I might get another chance at getting some wisdom on video.
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:10 am

Great job ! David theres no sense in posting the pages. Everyone reads at different speeds anyway. Your reading voice is pleasant and clear. Just post pictures for each story and read on. I hope you didnt spend to much of your hunting season reading for youtube though..
SO.CALCatCager

Postby SO.CALCatCager » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:47 am

I really enjoyed hearing you read it the way it was ment to be read. I would love a real copy also.
ethertonee
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby ethertonee » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:16 am

David I love the book and listening to you read it. Have you looked into selling copies to the hound suppliers like DUsupplies that buddy runs, FnT, etc. to sell more copies of the books. Most of the places you can find the Wick books I think would carry yours aaa well. Or you could just sell they on amizon one a month for $100 Good luck I still want 3 copies.
Tom Kose

Postby Tom Kose » Wed May 01, 2019 2:04 am

I’m still in for two print copies.
Wrapwrench
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Wrapwrench » Mon May 06, 2019 2:40 am

Great stuff

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”