Bobcat Dog book on YouTube

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Bobcat Dog book on YouTube

Postby david » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:19 pm

Some one suggested an audio version of the Bobcat Dog book. Others suggested a kindle E version.

I thought I would try just reading it and putting photos of the pages on YouTube. This first attempt is too grainy to read easily because I kept down grading it due to memory problems. But I think I can get it cleaner on future attempts. I could put the photos sideways and they would use the whole screen on a cell phone which can be turned. But as it is a lot of the screen is wasted, and sideways would not work for reading it on a laptop.

https://youtu.be/f2uzy2VpAgY

Take a look and give me any feedback you can; including “don’t bother...”; “here is how you can fix it” or as negative as you might want.

Don’t hold back

If you want me to do more of it, you can hit the “thumbs up” button, “subscribe” button, and notification bell if you want to receive notification of another chapter posted.

Thanks guys.

https://youtu.be/f2uzy2VpAgY
Casey Knight
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Bobcat Dog book on YouTube

Postby Casey Knight » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:37 pm

Really appreciate you taking the time to do that, easy to listen to and can’t wait for more chapters.
dirtdodge
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby dirtdodge » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:05 pm

David, thank you so much! It was very good and very descriptive. I could really relate to some readings and you put to word what I've tried to explain to people many times. I closed my eyes and listened. Which made me feel as if I was there. You are very interesting and gifted person. Thanks again
Rimrock
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Rimrock » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:37 pm

Thank you, David. My days of following the dogs are long past but as i listened to you it brought back many fond memories.
OWZ

Postby OWZ » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:04 pm

David
I listened to that chapter on my way to work this morning, best drive I’ve had in a while. Great job on the narration, keep em coming please and thank you.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:41 pm

Thank you guys for the feedback. It is very helpful. According to the “thumb up” button, it looks like 13% if those who viewed it would like more content posted.

I have questions for the 13%:

1) Was it useful/meaningful to have the photos of the pages flashed at one second each, to enable you to pause them and read them?

2) Did you use the page photos to read along with me? Or is it just as good to have a photo of scenery or something else?

The page photos are time consuming for a techno-challenged individual like me. (Especially the pages that were synchronized with the reading). So I want to make sure they are being used; otherwise I will do something easier. I don’t mind doing it if they are being used.

3) What is the optimum length for a video for you?
I plan to try another one, but to shorten it.
The average time spent watching/listening to the video was about ten minutes, (and that average was brought up significantly by anyone who listened to the whole thing). So as of now I will target ten minutes or less. But I am open to your feedback.

Thanks again for the help and feedback.
OWZ

Postby OWZ » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:41 pm

David, I listened in my truck so it was purely audio for me.
Length wise it was just right. You started and finished a story.
I do understand that most people don’t have 40 odd minutes to devote to a YouTube video.
Twopipe
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Twopipe » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:05 am

I really enjoyed listening tonyour audio version. On my phone I couldn’t enlarge the pages enough to read them so pictures of dogs, scenery or bobcat habitat would be good.
A good dog hunts wherever he's set down.
Cowboyvon
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Cowboyvon » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:18 am

I'll have to go over and check it out .. and give it a thumbs up .. Thanks!
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

Henry David Thoreau
catdog360
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby catdog360 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:09 am

David, I have your book and have read it. It's a great book. I love that you did this. I listened to it at work and it was purely audio for me. I expect every chapter to be posted on you tube for my enjoyment. :D :D

Mic
Ndigs
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Ndigs » Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:08 am

David I mostly read along with you ,some of the pages seemed partially out of focus on my phone but sure enjoyed it. Hearing your dog exciter whoop that wasn't in print made it even better. I kind of thought and even hoped you were baiting us for the book on tape/CD, I'd sure buy it.
Tom Griffith
Tom Kose

Postby Tom Kose » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:11 pm

David,
I checked out the youtube. I definitely liked reading along. You sure are taking a lot of time on getting your book back out to the public. If you are not concerned about letting us reading your book without monetary compensation may I suggest a solution that maybe easier for you. There is a website/organization called Internet Archives that scans or downloads books. I have read many out-of-print historical books through their website. It could be possible that Internet Archives would be an easier or more long lasting format for your book. Thanks again.
Casey Knight

Postby Casey Knight » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:20 pm

Definitely liked the option to see the pictures, I wasn’t able to read along on my phone but enjoyed your narration, I’ve listened to it while driving and mowing the lawn...I liked the length of the first chapter but do what is easier for you David. Thanks again!
ethertonee
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby ethertonee » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:06 pm

Thank You for taking the time to do that David. I really enjoy your narration and hearing the author read his work.
cfanno01
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby cfanno01 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:16 am

I appreciate the effort you are putting forth. I listened for about ten minutes because that's all I had time for, but I enjoyed it and am going to continue listening as I get free time. I do think short segments would be easier for people to listen in full, then go to the next one when time allows, instead of trying to remember where they left off. Thanks again

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”