Bobcat Dog book on YouTube

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
ridgerunners
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Bobcat Dog book on YouTube

Postby ridgerunners » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:30 pm

What Dave you are not going to publish anything more on YouTube. I sure hope that’s not the case I enjoy listening to the book and the other things you have on there. I know it’s not easy and it takes a lot of time but later it’s so worth it. I was lucky enough to get one of your books and Appreciate everything goes into it. I really enjoyed hearing from other cat hunters like the ones you did down south thank you.Just take a break and put some more stuff on there when you get time we will all be waiting. There’s not very many Bobcat hound hunters but its ok it’s not for everyone .... Happy Hunting Timothy Morgan
Cowboyvon
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Cowboyvon » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:48 pm

David if you are going to print some more copies of the book let me know .. I started doing some live broadcasts on youtube and would sure like to share it with my subscribers.. Thanks
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

Henry David Thoreau
scrubrunner
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby scrubrunner » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:52 am

Come on David, I loved the U-Tube stuff. Figure out some way all us subscribers could donate enough for u to buy a laptop just for doing the utube thing on. And u really don't need to be outside hunting, exploring Alaska n stuff when u could b inside reading a book to us and doing interviews, talking about hunting.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:07 pm

scrubrunner wrote:...And u really don't need to be outside hunting, exploring Alaska n stuff when u could b inside reading a book to us and doing interviews, talking about hunting.

Now there is a convincing argument. Lol
Thanks I needed that. :lol:

If you all have not checked out Timothy’s and Brett’s channels, you all need to!

That sounds pretty neat Brett. Live broadcast.
Wow.
ridgerunners
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby ridgerunners » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:06 pm

I also enjoy watching Bretts channel. I’m about 11 days into our Colorado bobcat season. I got some good video I’m waiting to edit it just takes me a little bit of time ain’t Computer Genius. My boys get mad at me they think I should know how to run a computer. If anything I can adapt it just takes me a little bit of time. I hunt bobcats a little bit different than everybody else but it’s my style and I enjoy it. This next video I’m going to show some of my hounds . All the Makes and models.. Happy Hunting Timothy Morgan
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:22 am

ridgerunners wrote: This next video I’m going to show some of my hounds . All the Makes and models.. Happy Hunting Timothy Morgan

Now that is the one I have been waiting for!!
Been wanting to meet those hounds and get the low down.
Cowboyvon
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Cowboyvon » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:02 pm

ridgerunners wrote:I also enjoy watching Bretts channel. I’m about 11 days into our Colorado bobcat season. I got some good video I’m waiting to edit it just takes me a little bit of time ain’t Computer Genius. My boys get mad at me they think I should know how to run a computer. If anything I can adapt it just takes me a little bit of time. I hunt bobcats a little bit different than everybody else but it’s my style and I enjoy it. This next video I’m going to show some of my hounds . All the Makes and models.. Happy Hunting Timothy Morgan

Whats your channel? I do have the same problem with the editing .. people just don't understand how time consuming and how much work it is .. but its a hobby for me trying to learn how to tell a better story through video .. I keep trying to learn new things and improving. Its also a way to share our passion with others in a way that maybe they will understand.

David I decided to start broadcasting a live through this winter on Monday nights.. its a way of answering some questions and getting to know the people that watch my videos regular and get their ideas... If you ever get a new computer and have a good connection heck I could have you come on live with me :beer lol .. Let me know how many book orders it would take to get them printed up again .. I will mention on the channel ..
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

Henry David Thoreau
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:35 am

ridgerunners wrote:What Dave you are not going to publish anything more on YouTube. I sure hope that’s not the case I enjoy listening to the book and the other things you have on there.

Ok! I put up a hunt with Dewey. When it took 13 hours to upload I says to myself “this is the last video” ...Again.

But my favorite part is when he tells his old matriarch Rose that she needs to get inside the box. (Because there is a young punk of her lineage taking her space on top of the box).

It’s not all that obvious so pay attention or you could miss it.

I won’t tell you what she said to Dewey. ...Trying to keep this site family friendly.

https://youtu.be/vxJBccb1III
Cowboyvon
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Cowboyvon » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:11 pm

Well David did you read my post?

Henry David Thoreau
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:48 pm

Cowboyvon wrote:
David I decided to start broadcasting a live through this winter on Monday nights.. its a way of answering some questions and getting to know the people that watch my videos regular and get their ideas... If you ever get a new computer and have a good connection heck I could have you come on live with me :beer lol .. Let me know how many book orders it would take to get them printed up again .. I will mention on the channel ..

Yes I did read your post. And sorry for not responding. I am Just wishing I had a positive response, I guess. And I couldn’t come up with one. Now I am cornered. Lol. So here goes:

I don’t have any plans for buying a new computer, although it could happen. But then I would have to learn how to use it.

I don’t have a good connection. My only internet connection comes from my phone, and that doesn’t seem to be working out lately. I have tried uploading two videos and together it was 37 hours of tying up my phone and my freedom trying to get them uploaded to YouTube. I don’t know how to fix things, and if I did I am not sure I would spend the money.

And it seemed in some ways my life might have been more like what it was meant to be during the 45 days in the wilderness last summer when I had no phone signal at all.

Next, I don’t speak well spontaneously. I speak slowly, hesitate and stammer and it might be the worst thing you ever did for your show to have me on there.

Also, I am not a Houndsman. I am just a guy who used hounds and curs a whole lot to help me hunt. You should get a Houndsman or horseman on there. I rode horses a lot as a kid but probably wouldn’t have even known what a bridle was if someone had asked me. I knew what a saddle was but never used one unless some adult was involved, which was almost never. And usually there was three of us on the same horse so a saddle probably would have been uncomfortable for somebody.
Actually, one of my childhood memories was stealing a leather halter. It was just laying there so I figured they must not care about it. Well turns out they did care about it, and I was in big trouble. But I am doubting that qualifies me for an interesting cowboy interview.

The book. I don’t know. We probably have enough negativity above without me starting in on issues with the book. Something would have to change the way I feel about it though. That sure could happen, and I keep thinking it will, but it hasn’t happened yet.

I was hoping the readings on YouTube would help a few folks. If I could get them only to people who are grateful, I would do more. But I am largely frustrated with trying to help people find some kind of identity in cats or hounds when we need to find our identity in the One who made them. Some of the people seem largely ungrateful and feel somehow entitled. I’m not sure how. Some are jealous of people I have featured, and a few are even dumb enough to expose their jealousy. Most are smarter than that, but no less motivated by the same sentiments.

If I could find a way to share with those who do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with the Father, I would. Because I know they can keep it in perspective and not be hurt by it, and not hurt others by it. Mostly what I have seen is men, women, sons and daughters hurt by bobcat hunting with hounds. It requires SO MUCH, and gives back so little.

And some men seem so strongly tempted with shortcuts that amount to wrong thinking and wrong doing. And my role becomes the one grooming victims of the predators out there selling “bobcat dogs”. Every time I encounter these victims it rips my guts out. I have yet to find one man who actually caught a cat when they went to try the dogs out. And they still buy them. (I am not saying that everyone who sells bobcat dogs is a predator, I’m saying there are predators out there without a conscience who also sell “bobcat dogs”, and, I’m helping them do it with no way to stop it).

The fact is, most of us don’t have the resources it takes to remain a full fledged bobcat hunter.

The only argument that almost makes sense is “better hurt by this than hurt by something even more destructive.” But it is not a very motivational argument for me right now.

So it humbles me Brett, that you would invite me like that. I mean, I am blown away by your kindness in offering. But I don’t think I have much to offer your listeners. I think you are very gifted at what you are doing. And hope you continue to find encouragement in all you do. My dad sometimes told me I was born 100 years too late also, so I hear his voice every time I see your channnel.
Irish Jack
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Irish Jack » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:00 am

David it sounds like you need some Booze and Hooker.....I am willing to chip in if it will get you back on the rails.

Providing it's the Girl kind :D

Jack
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:33 am

Irish Jack wrote:David it sounds like you need some Booze and Hooker.....I am willing to chip in if it will get you back on the rails.

Providing it's the Girl kind :D

Jack

I didn’t know they made girl booze. But if they do, there is probably a still not far from me here. Stores do not carry girl booze or boy booze or hookers here in Pike county.

So If your going to make an offer like that you will have to figure in the cost of transportation to get it all here. I’m still looking for a wife who loves God, so if you find a hooker that is about my age, a virgin, loves Jesus, likes dogs, and wants to marry and have kids, send her on. I’ve got a great big pot of black beans and venison on right now and it’s just starting to get good. If she gets here within a few days I’m pretty sure it will win her over.
catdog360
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby catdog360 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:01 am

Haha great answer David. I really enjoyed the reading on YouTube but I must say I've really enjoyed the interviews you have posted. It's good putting faces to names.
PS, would love it if you could get a video interview of Tom B.

Mic
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:11 am

Hey Mic, that is an awesome thought. If I ever get out there again, I will find out if that would be possible. I heard your name mentioned in my last video. It was praises for your perception from thinking about what is actually going on. There are some secrets even there in the video for that type of thinker.
rbsmith9

Postby rbsmith9 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:30 pm

Hi David, I have really appreciated all your chapters! I m a new cat hunter from VT , who has only been hunting cats for 3-yrs, starting all on my own and with my own pups. Really value the time you have put into your recording and hopefully look forward to more it surely will help me in the cat woods. thanks Ryan

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”