Luke 8:17

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
Stumpmaker
Facebook ID: 0

Re: A Bobcat Guide’s Bay dogs.

Postby Stumpmaker » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:59 pm

I must have missed something or you guys all ready have a dislike for each other!! I didn’t think he was trying to say you didn’t know what you’re talking about just giving his opinion.My opinion is chain breaking is always good and every dog’s different some get it right off and others take a while but being on a chain in the back yard and hitting a snare in the woods are two different things!! Chances are if a trapper that knows how to set a snare catches your dog by the neck it’s dead if you’re not able to get there quick! A dog in a leg snare will most likely lay there till you come get it there not like a coyote and going to chew there leg off and if they did how long would they have to be there I think quite a long time. Luckily where I live I know the trappers and they tell me where they make sets so i just avoid those places so I don’t have a problem.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:38 pm

Stumpmaker
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Stumpmaker » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:23 pm

It sure was a nice cat and a neat video anything with dogs working is right up my alley! I have also had dogs bay bobs before but it don’t usually last to long somebody just has to grab it and once one goes in the rest join right in! Haha !! Had one bob get ahold of the bottom jaw of one dog and it broke his jaw right into split right between his bottom front teeth! $3500 later he was right back at it like it never happened. I’m not saying that having dogs that are super gritty is always the best thing it gets expensive and I know I said I hunt plotts but I have a little bit of everything but mostly Plott dogs! The thing i was trying to say in my first post about his dogs is that i have never seen plott dogs give so much room on a animal to me they just looked scared Like pups that didn’t know what to do that’s how I knew right off to look for a trap because there’s no way those dogs would of held that cat there!
al baldwin
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby al baldwin » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:37 pm

There are good reasons to have dogs chain broke, but can tell you for sure chain broke dogs have choked to death in a short time when caught in a snare that was not spring loaded. Some just panic and pull the snare tighter. Sure not trying to sell anyone short on their knowledge. Al

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”