Thx

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
SASS
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Thx

Postby SASS » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:27 am

I think it would make some great videos especially if it was done in a friendly way. Probably would see some excellent dog work from both people, hopefully this can be turned into some fun videos that we can all watch some good cat dogs in.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:52 am

Codyking wrote:Ive never been on this website before, I didn’t even know it existed in this format. Looks like a good way for hunters to communicate, pretty cool.
I would like to clarify a few things.
Number 1: My wife kinda started this when she watched one of your videos and then I made the last comment from her phone. Her and my daughters hunt with me a lot. So that is why the comment was made under her name. Meador is her Maiden name.
Number2: I don’t know what you mean by saying this was done for name recognition. You came on here trying to find me over a post I made on YouTube 7 months ago under someone else’s name. So considering the fact no one even knew my name until you tried to find out what it was, and considering that I don’t have a Facebook or YouTube account and didn’t have an account here until today, I think claiming that I did something for name recognition is a little ridiculous. I don’t make a penny from any kind of hunting at all so I have nothing to advertise.
Number 3: Y’all made a video and publicly posted it to YouTube and in that video y’all make some comments about South Texas dogs and how they can’t handle hunting in Mississippi and can’t handle the long races and so on. Then you go on to state that although south Texas dogs can’t handle Mississippi, Mississippi dogs can handle south Texas. Y’all made the claim, not me. I don’t know Harold and I don’t have anything against him. I honestly think making videos like that are important because one day all of the old hunters will be gone, along with their memories and knowledge.
So I made a comment saying shouldn’t talk trash about dogs youve never seen. I also said that I’ve hunted some Mississippi dogs and all they did was run trash and couldn’t make it through our thick country. But I didn’t say every dog from Mississippi can’t catch cats here, but my dogs could catch cats there. And then I said let’s bring y’all down here to hunt and then can go up there and hunt and we can video both hunts and post the results on YouTube for every one to see.
Number 4: you’ve made this post about all of this information you have learned about me. Knowing things I wouldn’t want you to know. That kind of implies that somehow you are hearing bad things about me or something. I don’t know who else is all on this web page forum that you could hear about me from. I very seldom hunt with other people and I only know two people that I know That are on this site. One of them I’ve never hunted with and the other I’ve only met and hunted with twice. He has damn good dogs that are in almost every aspect better than mine by the way, for what it’s worth. Anyone that would be sending you information about me wouldn’t be someone that even knows me. Maybe that’s not what you meant. I work a lot to provide for my family, I hunt when I can, I stand by my word, and have never done anything that I’m too ashamed of and I truly hope that you weren’t trying to imply otherwise.
Now with all of that being said we can get back to the subject matter at hand.
I am not mad at Harold Parker for saying the things he said. The man is a lot older than me and has hunted a lot longer than me and I am sure knows more about hounds than I do. He was just talking and I understand that. But he basically said his dogs could catch bobcats down here with my dogs but mine can’t catch bobcats up there with his dogs.maybe he wasn’t directing that at me specifically but that’s what he said. And I called him out for what he said. No hard feelings. No disrespect. I said I would be willing to try and prove him wrong. At the time I was just talking too, but I meant what I said. And now, thinking about it, I think it would actually be fun. I hunt up there, y’all hunt down here, and we record it for YouTube. I think we could all learn something from it and I think it can be done in a polite, professional manner that is fun for everyone. It doesn’t have to be a grudge match between enemies. Maybe there’s a good chance that you will have a video of me eating crow at the end of it. I’ll be a good sport. On top of that there seems to be a lot of people that would like to see it.
We can turn it into some kind of friendly bet if y’all want to, you mentioned Harold would want some way to pay for his expenses.I am game for that but whether I’m right or wrong, win or lose, I am willing to pay Harolds expenses to get down here either way.
I will leave it at that and with that said I hope this situation does not escalate in a negative manner. I think both parties can stand behind what they claim without throwing mud.
Harold or David or anyone else involved can contact me directly at 956-249-5747

Im going reply as best I can here. Then, I’m out.

I won’t try and tell you all that has been said to me by Harold. But my feeling is that he is responding to statements like the following, made openly on the World Wide Web:

“For those that don’t know any better, these guys are full of ....”. Except it was not buffered as I have done.

david wrote:Thank you guys. Yes have received a flood of information on him. I know more than I want to know. More than he wants me to know. More than his mother knows. I know things about him he doesn’t even know. Lol

You mentioned the above, so I will respond. Yes sir, I have heard from other Houndsmen things that I would not repeat on here, because I wasn’t there. And I try real hard to make my own judgements on a persons character. And I didn’t read it on here, it was spoken to me.

My own experience with your family is that you showed a tremendous amount of disrespect to an elderly man that I deeply respect. And that is my own personal experience that helps me with filtering what else was said to me.

You evidently were raised a little different than the people around here where I live.

Harold was reluctant to allow me to make a video of him. But I promised him people would appreciate it. And truly, many people could save a lifetime of trial and error just by listening very carefully to the things he said.

Do you expect Harold to volunteer to travel all over the country and prove (again) every statement he made garnered from a lifetime of hunting, traveling to and buying dogs from every region where bare ground bobcat dogs are used? What makes you more special than all the other regions Harold bought dogs from that did not work for him where he lives. Harold bought a dog from me back in the eighties from the west coast where I lived. It was the best dog I had and I was certain he would love her. Well, she didn’t work out for him. And this story has been repeated with each region Harold tried. And he has tried over and over at times in case the dog was less than what was available out there. I’m not going to make him drag his dogs to Oregon to prove it to me.

But then, I am not you.

He was sharing what he had learned at great cost. If you doubt him, then load your dogs up and head for Mississippi. You don’t need his help to prove him wrong. Just do it.

Harold Doesn’t have anything to prove.

You do.

You already know yours are good where you live. All you have to do is prove they are good where he lives.

Harold has had his dogs in and out of south Texas. They get traded back and forth among a few people.

Harold is telling you what he knows. If there is nothing for you to learn from Harold Parker, maybe at least be respectful of his willingness to share what he knows With those that can.

We all can only Judge a statement by our own experience. If your experience with South Texas hounds is that they do fine in Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Louisiana, Arkansas, Georgia as Harold’s do, then judge Harold’s statements by your knowledge, and filter them accordingly.

Why do you all need to tell an older man he is “full of shit”? What does that do for you? I really want to know. Does it make you feel tough or maybe superior? Serious question. Because it must do something for you and your family to talk to older people that way.

david wrote:Hopefully this thread will fade away and die a slow death. I am getting the distinct feeling I need to quit posting stuff. The last time I started a thread with names in it, it ended up being a guy promoting his guide service using a bayed bobcat that,it turns out, was in a snare. And we were able to get the names deleted. But the names are all locked in double with quotes here in this thread. Hopefully the challenge was for name recognition. And if so, mission accomplished.

If not, I did it again. I am a slow learner, or, quite possibly, a complete idiot. That may be why it was easy for me to ignore the accusation that me and Harold are both “full of

You referenced the above so I will address it.

I saw your postings six or seven months ago, and ignored them. I actually felt sorry for whoever made them because I knew they did not get good balanced consistant discipline as children. I knew they couldn’t help it, and they were just doing the best they know how, like we all do. None of us can do better than what we know how to do. So we do the best we can.

And I forgot about them until I heard from Harold asking me to find you. I didn’t want to because to me I’m just wasting my time on someone who should have been taught how to respect others, but was not taught that. I had no doubt Harold would administer a sound spanking, but I know you are too old for a spanking to do any good. So to me it is pointless. If I thought it could have helped you, I would have been for it. I don’t think it can.

But Harold gave a lot, and many people were thankful for it. And so I felt it was the least I could do to try and find you for him. I have not given him the information, because someone has asked me not to for the sake of all involved. I think he will figure it out.

david wrote: And we were able to get the names deleted. But the names are all locked in double with quotes here in this thread. Hopefully the challenge was for name recognition. And if so, mission accomplished.

If not, I did it again. I am a slow learner, or, quite possibly, a complete idiot. That may be why it was easy for me to ignore the accusation that me and Harold are both “full of

I was referencing a thread that I regretted making because it could have possibly stained a good man’s reputation, even though he certainly had made a poor decision to post a video of dogs baying a snared bobcat as an advertisement for his guiding service. We all make mistakes. And I didn’t feel his deserved defamation. I was able to get his name removed from my posts and from every other post he was mentioned in.

I could not get that accomplished here to protect your name also, because the names were encased in quotes that I have no control over. You can search the posts with my name at the top and realize that the title of this thread and my posts have the names removed.
But because I could not remove your name from other posts, I said I was hoping you wanted name recognition. Because if you didn’t want name recognition, then I have no way to relieve my guilt over giving you name recognition when you didn’t want it.

I think you and your family made a mistake. I think it is unwise to talk to people that way. So I projected my own values on to you. I knew I would have felt very embarrassed if my name was sealed forever in a thread connecting me with this kind of disrespect. You obviously don’t think you made a mistake, so that makes me feel a whole lot better. Because you therefore will not mind having your name connected with this. If I could have deleted this thread, I would have already, before you ever showed up here. Because that is what I would have wanted for myself. I couldn’t do it, so I was hoping there might be something positive. Like hey! Maybe he wants people to know who he is! Maybe he could sell a pup or something to someone who never heard of him before now!

Yes,I know. Lame. Grabbing at straws.

But that is why I said “HOPEFULLY......”. He wants his name out there. But “IF NOT...I am a complete idiot....”
david wrote:But the names are all locked in double with quotes here in this thread. Hopefully the challenge was for name recognition. And if so, mission accomplished.

Codyking wrote: No hard feelings. No disrespect
. Seriously?

Codyking wrote:...I honestly think making videos like that are important because one day all of the old hunters will be gone, along with their memories and knowledge.

I agree Wholheartedly. There are some older hunters and maybe even some not so old that are here now but will not be here a year from now. You and your family are capable of making videos as are a lot of people on here. The first video and getting all signed up on YouTube was the part that felt impossible for me. But probably any one reading this is capable of it. Most of my videos were made on a smart phone and nothing more. They aren’t great quality but they transmit knowledge.

Get busy guys. Seriously. All of you could do this.

Second thought, don’t make a video of any one you would not want to be treated with ungrateful, arrogant disrespect. That possibility is real.

Cody King, it’s good that you found this board. There are many here that can benefit from your knowledge. And you will enjoy talking to folks. You are an EXCELLENT writer and it’s too bad you didn’t figure out a way to make a living at that because you are very clear and very precise at communicating your thoughts through the written word.
And I honestly hope you can find people here that you might be able to sell an old dog you don’t need any more, or an extra pup or whatever. Would be awesome if something good came out of all this. Families sometimes don’t get much reward from the cat hounds so it would be nice if the hounds could buy them a night in a nice hotel with a pool
or something else fun for them to do.

Remember. This too shall pass.

I don’t plan on writing any more on this thread, so I hope I answered your questions.

Over and out.
Cowboyvon
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Cowboyvon » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:37 am

lol well ok ... lots of words
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

Henry David Thoreau
Codyking

Postby Codyking » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:55 am

I have tried to be nice and polite the best I can. The reality of it is this....
You posted a video of a guy talking about how south Texas dogs can’t hack it but Mississippi dogs can. How his dogs can catch bobcats down here but these dogs can’t catch bobcats up there. I left a comment saying he is full of $&@$. And he shouldn’t talk crap about about other people’s dogs. Told him let’s prove it. I did t just talk trash I then offered to back it up and give him the opportunity to do the same. The fact of the matter is anyone going around saying this is full of crap, it doesn’t matter how old they are. I have been nice and polite and respectful throughout this whole ordeal since you started making a big deal about it. If my comment is the worst thing Harold has ever heard and it has disrespected him so profoundly I don’t know what to say. He has lived a sheltered life.
Now you are on here talking about all of these people calling you and telling you all these bad things about me. Once again either you are full of &$@& or the people you are talking to are. One or the other. I do know how some people like to talk trash about whoever isn’t standing in the room. I have heard it first hand. And maybe that’s the case here. I don’t know. But I don’t even know other hunters. There is not another hunter living within 200 miles of me. And the next one is further than that. I know who some other hunters are but I’ve never even met them. Only heard names. I have been hunting cats almost fifteen years and I have hunted with one person on hunts I didn’t hunt by myself. And that person doesn’t even know how to use a computer so I know he isn’t sending you PM about me. Other than him I can honestly say that I probably haven’t hunted more than 10 times with other hunters.so anyone messaging you doesn’t know me. So you can take all of that non sense and put it in your pipe and smoke it.
Tell Harold that if he is truly hurt and disrespected I apologize and I am sorry but I kind of have a feeling that the only person butt hurt is you.
Other than that I am not interested in arguing and fighting with other hunters or you because there isn’t a lot of us left and I have better things to do with my time.
With that said one of two things need to happen. One, load some dogs up and come down here and show me how those Mississippi dogs do in south Texas and I’ll load some dogs up and come up there. If your not willing to do that don’t make videos talking bad about other people dogs. Or Two, keep my name out of your mouth and go along your business. Because 48 hours ago you didn’t even know what it was. This is ridiculous.
Y’all were the ones talking bad about south Texas dogs and y’all got called out for it. You were the first person to log into YouTube and say “you are on” accepting my challenge. It wasn’t a challenge to talk crap on the internet. It was a challenge to hunt some hounds and prove that the words you posted publicly online aren’t BS. You said Harold doesn’t need to prove anything, I do. How is that? No disrespect but he is the one that made the statements. He is the one that made the claims not me.
Personally I think that you are the one causing all the problems. I think you are the one that blew this way up, you were the one that got online and started speaking for Harold. I think you were accepting challenges on someone else’s behalf. I think all of this was caused by you. Because if Harold Parker saw a video of someone saying all dogs from anywhere couldn’t compare to all dogs from somewhere else I would be willing to bet that he would say that person was full of $hi@ too. Anyone that’s been around knows there good ones and bad ones of all breeds from all over. Harold knows that too. Vines with thorns in Mississippi or prickly pear and black brush in Texas, dogs need to be acclimated to the area they are hunting before they can really shine.
Tell Harold I hope he is doing well and wish him a hundred bobcats a year. If he wants to have a little friendly competition to call me and I am ready. But I don’t want anything to do with this hateful pathetic bulls&@t that you are trying to push here. So you and whoever these people that don’t even know me yet are talking trash about me can go play somewhere else. I’m going to go catch some bobcats now.
Codyking

Postby Codyking » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:03 am

you are online talking trash about how crappy I am for telling someone they are full of crap about a single sentence they said and at the same time spending a lot of time talking bad about my family. My family that had nothing to do with this. So congrats on talking bad about my wife and three little girls. You just proved how “tough” you are
Codyking

Postby Codyking » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:11 am

I have had this account for less than 24 hours and look what can happen in such little time, this is exactly why I don’t have MyFace
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:21 pm

A disappointing thread..
Cowboyvon
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Cowboyvon » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:03 pm

One thing I have learned from putting myself out there on social media is you have to have a thick skin .. and understand that sometimes you might say something that will offend someone else .. no big deal we are all men or grown ups .. I am friends with Harold Parker on facebook seems like a real nice guy and a heck of a bobcat hunter houndsman .. I am also friends with Cody not on facebook but from telephone conversations and same about him .. Now I watched Davids video with Harold and really liked it but can't remember what was said .. now I go back to watch it to see and he has pulled it .. that is disappointing..
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

Henry David Thoreau
Codyking

Postby Codyking » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:35 am

Yeah that was disappointing. Things got out of hand. To be honest Harold may be the one that said something I didn’t agree with, but it wasn’t him that blew this way out of proportion. The man spoke for two hours and I made a smart ass comment about two sentences he made. And now because of it 99.9 percent of the material that was awesome is now gone. Makes me wish I would have just kept my mouth shut. I thought it was just going to turn into a fun challenge that two hunters could have made with each other and filmed it for other to watch but instead it got blown out of proportion. I should have known better, I screwed up
Codyking

Postby Codyking » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:37 am

Harold did NOT have anything to do with all the nonsense read here though, just to be clear.
oneguy828
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby oneguy828 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:41 am

sorry was grumpy again :)

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”