Anything to pass the time

A Place to talk about hunting Bobcats, Lynx.
WalkerCurCat
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: Anything to pass the time

Postby WalkerCurCat » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:31 am

Little Gator was said to be "cold"! Been a handful of GREAT producers throughout time that had the same words spoke of them. Confidence is something that can't b taught. They can fake the funk but u kno when u have a cock-strong prospect. A confident has NO need to act fight crazy cuz they do not fear the contact. A tattooed faced man doesn't scare me neither will a raised hair Rottweiler behind a fence. One of the most famous producer of dogs was "cold" but when put in a place where there was no way to avoid conflict, he conquered. I will ride with that

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
WalkerCurCat
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby WalkerCurCat » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:39 am

Lawfawg, everytime we put dogs on the ground I was looking for the LILO type of produced dogs which are there in more numbers each generation when breeding like form offspring. Ok I will shut up good night

lawdawgharris
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby lawdawgharris » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:54 am

What size are your dogs on average? I know you are a 100% right about being able to successfully hunt the game bred dogs. I have done it and seen it done. And you are also correct about certain lines or families being more consistent and level headed. Being able to think on their feet is something only a level headed and intelligent dog can do. It is an absolute must for my catch dogs. It also contributes to faster recovery after catching a hog so that they are ready for the next hog. Leg is very important in my book and it’s one of my deciding factors in picking pups. Wind can be increased with conditioning but good air capacity is genetic. There have been too many families that had great or not so great wind. Again part of it is the ability to turn on and off. You are right again in the fact that confidence plays a role. It’s the same in the curs and hounds as well. Some of them have tremendous bottom and others not so much. Some of them have more want to than can do. It takes confidence to stay hooked solo on a beast for hours. To stay there baying or treeing knowing that sooner or later we are going to show up to do our part. A dog that lacks in confidence or bottom can’t do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WalkerCurCat
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby WalkerCurCat » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:59 pm

Females usually in the low to mid 40's, Males low to mid 50's. Every litter has produced 1 FEMALE very similar to N.L. & those are 30-35# I call them the rat type but it's in a loving way. ther was a big freak out of the GOOCHxLilo litter.. That dog was well taken care of lol but really probably consumed 2x daily caloric intake as the norm but that dogs MOTOR never stopped & his owner was an active dude always running him. He was a specimen!! YEARS go by so my partner & I took a drive to see the FREAK & to see if he was a viable option to breed back into the program since he was no longer close to us. Let's just say when we got into the truck to leave we glance over at each other & immediately FALL out laughing our asses off!!! Looked like a Bear had eaten the freak lol that Mfr was a red ICKIS look alike but at 65+

bigsmith87
Facebook ID: 0

Postby bigsmith87 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:15 pm

perk does there seem to be a good grey fox population in your neck of the woods?

Return to “Bobcat/Lynx Hunting”