Proposed bear hunt

savage
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Proposed bear hunt

Postby savage » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:07 pm

I just got an email saying NDOW is trying to start a bear season here. I will attach a copy of the email below.If anyone has the time PLEASE send them a email or letter in support of a bear hunt and be sure to mention the importance of using hounds. Thanks, Paul
"QUOTE:
As many of you may know already the Nevada Board of Wildlife Commissioners is proposing a black bear hunt in Nevada. I am in favor of this and presented information at the last commission meeting indicating a hunt is justified and legitimate. We are already receiving letters to the NDOW web site from the opposition but we have not received one letter so far from anyone in favor. Everyone I have talked with over the years is of course in favor of a season. The majority of people opposed are under the impression that black bears are a threatened species which is far from the truth.

Please make your opinion known as soon as possible. Feel free to copy me and I will keep copies of every letter. Send letters to the general ndow email AND to the wildlife commission email listed below. Email me at carllackey@charter.net

ndowinfo@ndow.org and nbwcinfo@ndow.org "
"if you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics suck"

"just remember there's a lot of women out there but good dogs are hard to come by."

Paul
savage
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Proposed bear hunt

Postby savage » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:32 am

Here is the latest proposal on the bear hunt
http://www.ndow.org/learn/com/mtg/2010/ ... utline.pdf

I only have a few problems with it.

1. They are proposing an archery season only in the spring and summer DOGS PROHIBITED!!
They state "severly decreases threat to sows accompanied by cubs of the year". This is wrong. Cubs are born in the den while in hibernation so the sows WILL have their cubs with them in the spring. THE BEST WAY TO ACCURATELY SEX A BEAR WHILE HUNTING IS TO USE HOUNDS AND TREE THEM!!!
Plus if they allow the use of hounds the hunter doesnt have to use them(especially if it is an area where there could be problems.)
Their theory is that people could target the problem bears in congested areas in the spring, which they still could, but now you have people wounding bears in congested areas and you cant even use dogs?? does anyone else have a problem with this??

2. They plan to draw only 45 tags and close the season when 20 bears are killed. This will make people kill the 1st bear they can instead of targeting the better animals. A responsable hunter could pass on sub adult bears or females if he wasnt pressured to be one of the 1st 20 people to fill a tag.

3. I would also like to see a persuit season left open in the fall for hounds even if the kill season closes. They could even sell hound persuit tags for added revenue.

Thanks, Paul
"if you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics suck"

"just remember there's a lot of women out there but good dogs are hard to come by."

Paul

Return to “Nevada”