any of you nevada boys....

Unreal_tk
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

any of you nevada boys....

Postby Unreal_tk » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:52 pm

Do any of y'all work at the gold mines down in Nevada? I am thinking of applying for some jobs there, wanting to know what benefits some companies give and etc. Im wanting to weigh out the pros and cons of it compared to what im doing now.
raxntrax
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: any of we nevada boys....

Postby raxntrax » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:12 pm

The mining industry in Nevada is on the increase due to the high gold prices. All of the big gold companies are increasing their work force. The greatest amount of activity is in the norther part of the state around Elko, Carlin, and Winnemucca. Some of the major producers are Newmont, Barrick, Allied, Kinross with a lot of other operations scattered all over. The wages start in the $ 23.00 range and go up to the low 30's in the open pit mines. Under ground miners make quite a bit more. Most companies have pretty similar benefits packages and insurance that are real hard beat. Most work schedules are 12 hr shifts and 14 shifts a month rotating from day to nights. If you are willing to work a lot of overtime you can take home some serious money in a year. I hope this helps you out.
Unreal_tk
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: any of we nevada boys....

Postby Unreal_tk » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:36 pm

thanks alot, wish I knew more details about the benefits. Been trying to get some paperwork from newmount guys. Overtime is something im not afraid of :)

Return to “Nevada”