Homade dog boxes and Houses

waylon
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Homade dog boxes and Houses

Postby waylon » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:50 pm

I would like to see your homade dog boxes and houses.

This is an old Chem. tote that held alcohol for oil field use. It cost me nothing I removed the round lid hung a heat lamp in it and covered it with some old tin i had. The heat lamp automaticly comes on if the temp drops below 36 degrees.I use horse hanging buckets for food and water, easy to clean and LAST

I know every one has seen barrel dog houses , I stuff mine with straw and only cut out a large u out bend the remainder up to about a 45 degree angle it keeps rain and snow out plus my dogs like it better than a barrel that lay's down and dogs naturally curl when they lie down anyway

This is my old hand me down dog box. I traded a hay spike for it removed the covering and replaced it with metal left over when i roofed my house, I put plywood with small holes in the door and left the back pretty open but have a piece that covers it, it gets warm here in a hurry so your box has gotta breath good. The frame was built by a friend in 1979 and it works like a $500.00 box just not as pretty
Last edited by waylon on Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ROMANS 3:24
LET YOUR HOUNDS DO THE BRAGGING
Arkansas Frog
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Homade dog boxes and Houses

Postby Arkansas Frog » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:40 pm

Waylon go to Coondawgs.com Buckshot has a section on kennels and dog boxes.
Frog
waylon
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Homade dog boxes and Houses

Postby waylon » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:54 pm

SORRY GUYS I AM NOT SMART ENOUGH TO PUT THIS IN ITS RIGHT PLACE, I DIDN'T NOTICE THE KENNEL/BOX SECTION A COUPLE POST BELOW :shock:
ROMANS 3:24
LET YOUR HOUNDS DO THE BRAGGING

Return to “DIY (Do it Yourself)â€