kennel help

Postby irishhunter13 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:56 pm

does anyone have any ideas for a home made kennel please send pics
livetohunt
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: kennel help

Postby livetohunt » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:39 am

I dont have any photos, but them horse pannels from Tractor Supply work awsome. They have an opening thats 2" wide and 4" tall the pannels are right around 5' tall and 16' long. The best thing is they last a long long time. If your not trying to keep pups in or cats out the hog pannels are even cheaper. For the gates I just welded up some 1" pipe frames then welded the same wire pannels to them. The best thing about making your own gates is they can be as wipe as you like and your not stuck with them little 18" to 24" doors the pre made kennels come with. I was lucky and had an old barn to build my kennels in. I just used the pannels and fence staples to hold them to the uprights, went 2 high with them and over lapped them some. They can be cut easy with some bolt cutters to fit what you need. It works nice if your washing your kennels out the waist can go right out the openings and into the gutter then on to the septic system I built for the kennel. I think it took about 4 days to build the hole deal start to finish. Other then keeping the wooden barn frame painted there it no up keep needed. I plan on changing all of the framing over to steel pipe as I get time and money and at that point will weld the pannels in place. For now its working out nice been using it for 4 yrs with no trouble at all.
bill hoag
Facebook ID: 0

Postby bill hoag » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:53 pm

one of the best things i did when i built mine 20yrs ago concreat floors on a 3/12 pich an a roof over head , lots easy 2 clean....
DunDealHoundHunters
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby DunDealHoundHunters » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:55 pm

Ya Bill hoag has the right idea. We have 5 kennels with a 4 inch concrete slab and a steel roof over head and all boxes are built off the ground and insulated with 1 1/2 stirofoam. Dogs have it made and stay warm...recieved lots of compliments.
nait hadya
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby nait hadya » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:04 am

12x12 concrete pad with a sump to catch any runoff. 6' pressure treated fence boards. an attached bunk that is 3x8. it has a heated water bucket,air conditioning and winter heat. i have a 3" tube that dumps into the feed bucket so they can be fed with out opening the pen. the gate to it is latched on the inside so you have to reach into the pen to open it,security solved. bunk is lined with cedar and/or pine shavings.

Return to “DIY (Do it Yourself)â€