How to train puppies!?

Newfoundcathunter12
Facebook ID: 0

How to train puppies!?

Postby Newfoundcathunter12 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:05 am

So I was really curious on how I should start off training my puppies? Should I start off by training them with training collars then do drag lines or do them both at the same time? Any info would be very helpful thanks
Unreal_tk
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: How to train puppies!?

Postby Unreal_tk » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:02 am

I would just take it at a slow pace. Each phase just slowly add. You might put the ecollar on them and accustom them to the tone feature. Each time they start coming, use the tone(DO NOT SHOCK). Pretty soon they can be a ways away and come just from the tone. Just small handling things is what I would focus on. If you have multiple pups, get yourself a small pen, 20 by 20 is fine and release a rabbit with them. Put some hiding spots in the pen as time goes by.
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Dale T » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:19 am

Be VERY careful of the E-collar you can wreck a pup in a heart beat with it, shocking a pup is very harsh and it's not a short cut. Spent time with them and gain there trust, for training them to handle the best results I've gotten is with a couple of hotdogs.
Newfoundcathunter12
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Newfoundcathunter12 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:48 pm

Thanks for the info! I hope to get some more good ideas cause i am a first timer at this and i wanna do this right!

Return to “DIY (Do it Yourself)â€