We need to have our heads examined folks!

Please Link any Hunting Related news Articles that you would like to share.
Forum rules
It is your responsibility to Insure that credit for the Author is given, Preferably a Full link to the original Article.
mike martell
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

We need to have our heads examined folks!

Postby mike martell » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:56 pm

How is it when a fellow houndsmen crosses the line we are quick to condemn them publically for illegal hunting activity and roll over when it comes to what replaced our hounds in certain States and no public outcry such as right here in Oregon?....Let me post the words from Direct emails from our Government officials here in Oregon and you make the comparison. I for one happen to have a gut full of an out of control Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife bent on sticking hounds up our blank, every chance it gets while committing crimes so egregious it makes the woman biologist in Corvallis Oregon puke, so sickening by her own account....Here is what happens across Oregon.

My first transmission with USDA head Williams in Portland Oregon over the cougar eradication program...My position? Politicians don't approve of hounds? How is it they authorize the slaughter of cougars on the backs of it's tax paying citizens with the use of Government / contractor hounds?

USDA Williams to Mike; if your questions is.... Are we to take a female cougar and her kittens should we encounter them in our equipment or have them treed over hounds then my response is; whoever is doing the administrative removal of cougars (Wildlife Services or other ODFW agents) they are to pursue cougars randomly and should they capture a female with kittens then all of them are to be euthanized by the agent.

Doesn't the word randomly sound like at random? Is this simply go kill all you can? You decide!

My second email is direct from ODFW Administrator Anglin.
Cougars killed on Damage can be kept by the landowner. Some keep them, some don't
Cougars killed in the target areas are primarily hauled to the landfills.

My third email is from Program game manager, Thomas Thornton over the missing first year baby cubs in the FOIA reports.

Me to Thornton

How can you have one hundred eighty nine second year cubs in the five year black bear report and only five first year cubs? Something is out of place? I would like to know where those first year baby cubs ended up? The report should mirror, plus or minus the second year cub report? Thank you!

Mike; as you know the first year cubs weigh so little, 10-12 pounds. ODFW has authorized the contractors and USDA to kill them and bury them in the field when accompanied by the sow caught in the snares on Western Oregon timber damage units.

So now folks, ODFW has Government sold on you and I doing these administrative removals and Salem believing it is all of us and not the Government and contractors....Every year HSUS is confused when we have our annual meeting to discuss reinstating sport hounds for this reason in our legislative sessions.

Here is another thorn in my blank....Ron Anglin to me...Mike without hounds? Sport hunters can't meet management objectives is why we authorize the snare program with no restraints!

What does this mean? Without your hounds and mine, they are sunk...So why not say it to the politicians?

I followed our local guys who are bear contractors and quite efficient in their profession. One year the reports indicated the average sow age was three years old. This is about when the sow comes of breeding age.

Over the last five years I have been building my case with Mr. Green who is the guy extracting the bear tooth and compiling the harvest data and he concurs with my analogy behind the scenes....Management or eradication. I say eradication when those first year cubs are buried like they never were born! How can this be disputed?

This legislative session in February begins with another round of sport hound hunting for cougar and these public officials need to answer the tough question with the truth....You don't like our hounds? Fine. lets just eliminate all of them along with the snares and see how well this works for ODFW! For that matter? If management with hounds is so critical? Either get our hounds back or eliminate all hunting in Oregon for good!
Mike
mondomuttruner
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: We need to have our heads examined folks!

Postby mondomuttruner » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:55 pm

Mike, would you mind if I copy this and post to my fb page? Maybe you have something better to post? I talk to quite a few people around here about what's going on out there and no one has a clue. I think more people need to be educated about this because I can see this spreading. I and every other sportsman should appreciate the time you put into this but it takes much more than one person, everyone needs to get involved. I believe the first step is in educating people, we need numbers on our side.
mike martell
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mike martell » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:16 pm

mike martell
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mike martell » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:57 pm

I know there are a few guys who support these programs on this board who get paid to hunt in Oregon and the argument is very clear where killing either cougar or bear on private ownerships are concerned and simply say what is written above isn't correct! Predation and depredation applies to timber damage (where most of the snare work occurs) Agricultural crops, Livestock or human encounters..... So I better clear up my allegations....

The law clearly states, the landowner has the right to defend their property at all levels and the rule book all but goes out the window. Once a big game mammal crosses the line? it becomes a predator...I get this! Before the Predator status this was a big game mammal with all the protections too the species....So what's my beef?

I have ten days from the time of harvest to turn in for collection 100% of the animal harvested, both bear and cougar required/ mandated collection of pre molar tooth for aging, sex etc. by law....

Or face the full punishment of the law! Loss of hunting rights or privilege and full restitution of the established value of the big game mammal harvested....You see the double standard? That predator will return to a big game mammal if you don't follow the law.
The law is very clear and broken on a daily basis by our State and Federal Government officials or any contractors made exempt from this mandate established by non other than State Government....

Mike
leifalweapon
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby leifalweapon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:06 am

leifalweapon
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby leifalweapon » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:56 pm

It would have to be a threat of thousands of simultaneous lawsuits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “News Events Articles”