strange crosses

A Place to Discuss Grade and Mixed Breed dogs
burnin tail
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

strange crosses

Postby burnin tail » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:13 pm

What are the strangest crosses you have had that worked out. Don,t be shy even if it was a walkerxpoodle.
glynnsdawgs63
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: strange crosses

Postby glynnsdawgs63 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:11 pm

1 of the best crosses for southern bear has been 1/2 Smokey River Bluetick 1/4 Airedale and 1/4 pointer bird dog.Work great on hogs too.

Glynn Holmes
www.tellsblueticks.webs.com
WalkerCurCat
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby WalkerCurCat » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:27 pm

1/2 black & tan 1/4 healer 1/4 APBT was out finder her own pig by 7 months. Athletic hound in appearance , with a RED coat. Either was stolen or slipped her HER collar on her chain spot @ a yard surrounded by corn fields & field workers. Sister was black/white more of a healer in appearance. She didn't make the team

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:52 pm

When I hog hunted, I was getting to where I would run a dog that was 7/8 Catahoula and 1/8 plott hound. That whole litter was 75lbs or more with heads as wide as a dogo and a hound length nose. My stud named Toad was 95 pounds when he was in hunting condition. He could hold a 300lbd boar on his own. Those were rough dogs with a warm nose.

For my strike and bay dogs I’d run mix of 1/2 Catahoula 1/4 Heeler and 1/4 McNabb. They were athletic as all get out, incredibly smart, medium nosed and never got cut.

Now I hunt lions and I’m running walkers.

Return to “Grade Dogsâ€