hound info

A place to talk about coyote Hunting with dogs
nortpete
Facebook ID: 0

hound info

Postby nortpete » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:29 am

I am looking into getting some dogs for hunting coyotes, and I was looking at the hounds on Karl Larsens site. Does anyone have any of his dogs, and if so How are they doing?
Redbonehunter12
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: hound info

Postby Redbonehunter12 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:30 pm

What part of pa you from? I have never heard of Karl Larsen but you can go to kcshounds.com there are all kinds of guys that run coyotes on their
nortpete

Postby nortpete » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:12 pm

I am in Crawford county about 30 mins south of Erie, and thank you.
Bigwoodsrunner

Postby Bigwoodsrunner » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:07 am

I don't know if your still interested or not. We hunt in clarion county and picked up two pups from Karl Larsen in April 2012. Their first year running they ran very well for pups. You could easily tell these dogs were bred to run yotes. This year they have been running extremely well and extremely fast! They have bayed up several coyotes and held them. I know that most of crawford county is small squares for hunting coyotes so honestly these dogs may run too fast for small areas. They really push the coyotes hard! As far as for big woods hunting i don't think you'll beat these hounds! Ours run great and this is only their second season! We are probably getting 2 to 3 more in the spring! Hope this helps you any questions I'd be glad to help you!

Return to “Coyote Hunting”