coon hound bred coyote dogs

A place to talk about coyote Hunting with dogs
Jp605
Facebook ID: 0

coon hound bred coyote dogs

Postby Jp605 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:47 pm

I'm just curious..not trying to start a debate. What qualities of the coonhounds that you run on coyotes do you prefer over the running hounds? I run both so nothing is going to hurt my feelings.
Dan Edwards
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: coon hound bred coyote dogs

Postby Dan Edwards » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:35 am

We have a half breed. He does just fine. Lotsa track, lotsa air, and pretty good speed. That being said I wouldn't prolly do it on purpose unless I just had where I live.
Bon Plott
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Bon Plott » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:34 pm

in some cases more nose, and perhaps more open, and maybe grit. but with out the speed and endurance they dont make a good coyote hound for me. some hunters prefer a slower chase as to keep the race in smaller blocks hopiing to circle to the gun. I want the coyote to trip over his tongue and a dog in his face. plotts and trigg dogs. havent crossed em yet but cant say its not coming
Bon Plott
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Bon Plott » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:47 pm

in some cases more nose, and perhaps more open, and maybe grit. but with out the speed and endurance they dont make a good coyote hound for me. some hunters prefer a slower chase as to keep the race in smaller blocks hopiing to circle to the gun. I want the coyote to trip over his tongue and a dog in his face. plotts and trigg dogs. havent crossed em yet but cant say its not coming.hard running plotts rarely follow the triggs unless you go 8 to 10 hours

Return to “Coyote Hunting”