Mountain Crest BloodHounds Marion Mi.= Bad Breeder

General DiscussionForum
tsarns

Mountain Crest BloodHounds Marion Mi.= Bad Breeder

Postby tsarns » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:54 pm

I Wanted to share this with people so others will know but i wasn't sure where to post so if you are a moderator move it to where you feel is appropriate.

Last Year May 4th I purchased my dog from Mountain crest Blood Hounds In Marion MI.
I was very new to dog business at this time.

The first week i had him i took him to the vet expecting a clean bill of health but the vet pointed out what was called an "umbilical Hernia" so i emailed Judy at MTC-BH's and told her what the doc said and she accused me of beating my dog. and according to her that is the only way a puppy could get a hernia.

Several months (about October) later I noticed he was having a hard time getting into the car when i knew he was big enough to do so. so i took him and got his hips X-Rayed. The Vet Diagnosed him with "Mild Hip Displasia" but i was un-detoured as i already knew many Blood hounds suffered from Hip Displasia.

Than the beginning of march he really took a turn for the worse. his speed at going up and down stairs drastically decreased, he started urinating while scratching his neck with his hind leg, and urinating while sleeping, So I took him back to the Vet. Who asked to do X-Rays of his neck or to do a milogram to check for wobblers so i told him to do x-rays since a milogram was like $1000.00. So he did, and when complete informed me; that there was a clear indication on the X-Ray of a malformation of the spine also known as wobblers syndrom. which is incurable.

so that day I had him put down.

I than emailed MTC-BH's and there response was "were sorry for your loss"

So that's my dog story. and if anyone out there is thinking about buying a bloodhound from Mountain Crest Blood Hounds. I highly recommend going somewhere else!

RIP
Augustus Caesar "Gussy"
April 24th 2009 - March 31st 2010 (11 months old)
Attachments
0320101320-00.jpg
Melanie Hampton
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: Mountain Crest BloodHounds Marion Mi.= Bad Breeder

Postby Melanie Hampton » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:29 pm

Sorry to hear about that..

I went to their site (as I am a bloodhound owner myself, I was curious).... They don't know as nearly as much about these dogs as they think they do... That is all I am going to say....
Melanie Hampton
Home of OutWest Hounds

You've only got 3 choices in life
give in, give up, or give it all you got.

http://www.outwesthounds.com
judy

Postby judy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:46 pm

How dare anyone post such a horrible comment as this...
Mountain Crest Bloodhounds are some of the finest people I know...I personally have bought 3 of their dogs and they are the most outstanding breeders in Michigan..
The quality of dogs that come out of there is spectatular.
You cannot judge a breeder by one disgruntled customer.
You don't know the whole story of where that dog came from after Mountain Crest sold him as a puppy . You don't know what happened to that dog the multipul injuries that he sustained.
There are all kinds of insane people in this world and it breeds others to follow that have never owned or spoken to the breeder in question.
I give Mountain Crest a standing ovation for the dogs they breed and as far as genetics there is nothing that can compare with the care they put into their breeding and fine operation.
Their personal Vet recommends them that should tell the story.
So before you believe false comments check out their Web Site and see hundreds of fantastic comments. and people who put their reputation on the line as a customer reference.

They admit they are not perfect but they do all they can to be the best.
The dogs are great. and I personally am very happy to tell the world.

Sincerely Larry Mccain and family
judy

Postby judy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi this is Judy from Mountain Crest Bloodhounds

I really had to laugh at the comments made about our dogs...
Who in their right mind would ever tell someone an umbilical cord would come from a beating?
I mean really?
We have won awards for our breeding practices...We are rated as one of Michigans outstanding Bloodhound breeders..We are highly recommended by our Vet. and AKC
We have been breeding Bloodhounds for over 20 years and our patronage speaks for itself.
Our dogs have won numerous State and National Tracking Awards and you don't do this by putting out Genetic flauded and altered dogs.
We have customers that have owned our dogs for 16 to 18 years we successfully and proudly raise some of the finest dogs in the Country..
So please get your facts right before you believe a moron who has treated his dog with little or no respect..
Feel free at any time to reserve a time to come and see our dogs..
We are very proud of our animals and they are the best hunters we could ever ask for..
Come on a hunt with us and watch our dogs in action..come and see our puppies call our references
Check us out before you believe the first nasty comment...

Thanks for your time
Sincerely Judy>Manager
Mountain Crest Bloodhounds
cobalt
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby cobalt » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:45 pm

If tsarns can provide medical records of the issues that this dog had, then he should be given his money back or a guarantee on a different, healthy pup.
If your own vet recommends your kennel, I suggest getting another vet!!! Only a quack vet lets a pup leave without seeing an umbilical hernia unless you are letting pups go out the door w/o a vets health cert. then it would be on you.
fox hunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby fox hunter » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:29 pm

hip displacia is genetic i dont care what anybody says if there is paper work proveing this a money refund is in order or the breeder is just a run of the mill money grubbing puppy farm
judy

Postby judy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Oh my gosh I was right there is no end to the idots in the hound world..they just don't get and they never will...
End of subject!
houlaguy

Postby houlaguy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:57 pm

Sorry Judy but you are wrong! End of subject!
bluesage
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby bluesage » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:19 pm

Tsarns
I am sorry to hear of your experience, how horrible it must have been to lose a lovly pet so soon. I am sure your heart was broken. Please don't let it turn you away from the breed or from hounds there are so many out there that are looking for good loving homes.
hunt14
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby hunt14 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:19 pm

What is it that they aren't getting? I don't know this guy from Adam and don't know how truthful the add is but if the add brings up a legitimate problem or possible genetic flaw in the dog such as hip dysplasia that prevents the animal from doing what it is bred and sold to do then why would you personally attack the people discussing it rather than either defend your position on this problem or offer a refund or replacement for a faulty animal. Obviously you feel that you know something that some of these long time proven hound breeders that have already responded on this issue don't know. So please don't make a statement like that and act like you know so much without defending a reputation that you may have established. Your attitude and the way you handle potential problems like these show your true colors so please be the professional that you claim and enlighten these guys on what they just don't get.

If the man can provide medical records and the dog wasn't bred by you or on you place obviously there is no way the fault lies on your shoulders. There are many men on this board that have been at this a very long time and some that are generational hounds-men that have been doing this for a very long time and your last statement really is an ignorant one unless you know more than these guys?
bluesage
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby bluesage » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:42 pm

Hunt14,
I agree with you and though I am new to the breeding business I feel if this puppy was from this breeder they should take the pup back and refund the money. I have a full guarantee on all of the pups that I have sold. I will take them back at any time for any reason, no questions asked. I do not want my dogs going to someone or somewhere I do not know. But as we all know there are two sides to every story and all of the background has not been given. For whatever reason the breeder did not explain the situation just defended the original claim, then on their site gave another story, so who knows what happened. I just think before I throw any stones I would like to know all of what happened. I know what I would do and how I would handle it if it was my puppy, but it was not. I just hope the puppy owner can move on and give another hound a loving home. Maybe do a little more research on the breed and the breeder before making another purchase.
fox hunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby fox hunter » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:09 pm

your right judy ,idiots getting suckered by breeders telling you what you want to hear. this is not a personal attack i dont know you but as the old saying goes if the shoe fits. if it dont hold true you shouldnt take it personal and go on the attack
George Streepy
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby George Streepy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Keep in mind the original post is almost two years old now fellas. Looks like Judy stumbled across it and started a new account to defend herself. It is kind of funny, she starts a new account and gives the password to her friend, so her pal Larry can come to her defense. If she would have left it alone no one would even be discussing it now. If she needed to make it right she should have long before now.
Marcel B&t
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Marcel B&t » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:40 pm

judy, my good friend bought one of your pups a year and six months ago. he treats he dogs very well, they even sleep in his bed with him. he has spent over 2,000 dollars at the very least in vet bills on that poor sick dog. you sold him a pup with genetic mange, and has tested positive for hip problems all ready. i think you need to take a better look medically at the animals your breeding.
Connie butter B&T's and a little yadkin river walker.
Skeetshot
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Skeetshot » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:27 pm

Hey folks. Let me clear some thing's up here. No, Judy has not been raising Bloodhounds for "20 years" I would say 15 at the absolute max. Her dogs cannot track worth a damn (personal experience) and her "great attention" she pays to her dogs, is the biggest crock of crap I have ever seen. The only time she touches those dogs is when they need shots or puppies are being born. Other than that, the dogs are divided into pens and untouched. Up until about a year ago, the dogs were shot with a BB gun to get them to stop barking. The females are free range in a small pen with a male and are bred with every single heat. There is very little recovery time for any of the females. Let me post a few other tidbits here as well.

She was "sickened" by a puppy possibly being blind. Not because she cared about the puppy, but because a blind puppy will not net her the $1500 she demands for them.

She also "accidentally" overdosed a dog (so she says) and that dog became extremely aggressive.

She is not the "quality" breeder she claims to be. I've seen better backyard breeders.

Return to “General Forum”