a fictional hounds book

General DiscussionForum
bristolblue's
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

a fictional hounds book

Postby bristolblue's » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:04 pm

i am writing a new book, but have a hard time coming up with some names for the dogs, so i was wondering if i could use a couple of other peoples good dogs as references, if you could help me that would be awesome, i can't promise that it will ever be published but if it is, you will be mentioned. if you want to help me, leave a photo of the dog, a description of the dogs voice, and a story or two of the dog, and a story on how he got a couple of his scars, if you could help me that would be great.

thank you

Bristol Blue's
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: a fictional hounds book

Postby Mike Leonard » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:39 am

Old Blue Earl was one of those bony rangey type blueticks. His ears hung in tattered ends from his many battles with bobcats and mountain lions. His blood however was hunter's royal tracing back to the lines of the famous Lee Brothers famous lions hunters from Arizona. He near white face was scarred and he had a noticable limp after several our of hard trailing due to a battle with an enraged black bear bayed in a rock bluff. Yet still his deep throaty bawl that quivered as it droned thru the mountain air sent a signal to all about Old Earl was on the trail. It seemed that he could detect trails many dogs passed over byt his excellent nose and determination drove him to strike, and trail with dilegence and unwavering drive. Earl knew the game and it was his whole desire to bring it to bay or a tree.

Once on the rugged pink coral sand high desert of southern Utah he started a cold lion track on a bitter November morning. His mounful bawl was especially drawn out as he told of the time that had passed since the longtail had laid his trail. But never slowing he pounded the track while other hounds cast about trying to get a faint scent of the smell that held old Earl so captive. Suddenly as it happens in the desert southwest the wind picked up and blew up the backs of our collars as we sat on out horses watching the dogs struggle. And then as a ghostly cloud the snow settled over us. first pelting down as the sleety corn snow that rattled on the brims of our felt hats but then as the wind picked up it settled into and icey blinding blizzard as the ground began to grow white. We knew we couldn't hear the hounds in this and we needed to seek shelter. My companion said he knew of an undercut cave of sorts in the sandstone ledges not far from there and we put the spurs to our ponies and galluped for cover. We tied the horses close by the entrance of the undercut and stooped as we hustled under the shelter of the rocks.

You take it from there..........
MIKE LEONARD
Somewhere out there.............
bristolblue's
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby bristolblue's » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:49 am

thanks, mike, you have gave me an excellent idea for a part in my book.

Thank you

Bristol Blue's
Bristol Blue's
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby pegleg » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:58 am

we heard a blood curdling snarl echo from the depths of the cave sending chills up our spines and piss dribbling down our legs. Joe lit out like the devil was prepareing to burn his hide with the pitch fork brand. I tried to follow suit only to tumble to the floor in a tangle of chaps and fur. only then did it dawn on me the source of the soul shriveling sound! I'd been standing on Ol' blue's kinked tail!! :joker
bearsnva
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby bearsnva » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:50 pm

Pegleg, you may have wandered from the original theme a bit, but that ending sure made me "howl" louder than that hound when I read that. :lol:

Here's to ya! :beer
2ndhound
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby 2ndhound » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:07 pm

:lol: :lol: Dang you pegleg! I think I "spotted" on the ending :oops:
rzhounds
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby rzhounds » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:51 am

WOW!!! Thats all I can say.
bristolblue's
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby bristolblue's » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:11 am

i can use that in my book, thanks pegleg, lol no book is any good without some humor in it.
Bristol Blue's

Return to “General Forum”