wanting to buy a garmin

General DiscussionForum
huntfish8
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 100002614535751

wanting to buy a garmin

Postby huntfish8 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:45 am

I've been saveing up to buy a garmin. What's a good set up the the astro 220, or should I get the new astro 320. They say the 320 has an extra 2 mile range. And what about the collars dc 30 or dc 40? And what kind of extra stuff do you get for them? Thanks
Black Smith

Re: wanting to buy a garmin

Postby Black Smith » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:26 am

I would go with the new 320 and the dc 40 JMO.
Hunter
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: wanting to buy a garmin

Postby Hunter » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:08 am

Buy the Garmin. I don't know that the 320 gets 2 miles or that the 40 is better than the 30 because I've not tried them. I own a 220 and 30s and love them except for when another collar interfiers with mine. That gets annoying. As far as extras, map card of your area for starters and here is how I run mine. I have a long range antenna and I put it in a piece of 1 1/2 in tubing in my pack (to keep from breaking it) and run the cord threw the water blader hole and to my garmin that is attached to the strap on my pack. Everything is out of the way and secured. I can track my dogs (have had it 7 miles when I was ontop of a high mountain) usually up to 3 miles in the DEEP stuff here in TN with that set up. I have friends that like the folding aluminum extended range antenna but, I am destructive and it wouldn't last long with me. I believe I may buy the flexible car mount antenna, break the magnet off the bottom (less weight) and then have the wife sew a patch/pocket into my pack so it will stick up out of the pack threw the water bladder hole. If I were you I'd buy any extras it would be a long range antenna and map card. That's pretty much it. OH, and a pocket full of AA batteries because my 220 eats them UP.

Return to “General Forum”