utah hunters please!

General DiscussionForum
youngduke
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

utah hunters please!

Postby youngduke » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:07 am

hello im from sandy utah. and i need to get to know some hunters from around here or close. im new to utah and have my first hound that i would love help and need someone to go out with. so please anyone close to this area ill go anywhere i have to so i can better myself in hound hunting and better my pup.

Thanks
LIONHOUND1963
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: utah hunters please!

Postby LIONHOUND1963 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:32 am

Your trying to get help from the most ego driven people in Utah. :D Oh did I mention hard headed, foul mouthed, self centered, bunch of people you have been around.

I live a ways from you, but if you want to call I can give you some hints that will screw you up as bad. :shock:

I'll be up your way today, going to some living planet aquarium with the grand daughter.

Rick
435-864-8784
black eye
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby black eye » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:07 am

Rick would be a good one to learn from for sure. And ethical most of all. He told the truth about the majority out there now BEWARE!!!!

As far as learning it all GOOD LUCK!!!
If you're not offending idiots, you might be an idiot.- Ted Nugent
$-sportsmen
F-for
W-wealthy
http://unitedwildlifecooperative.org
youngduke
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby youngduke » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:15 am

that living plant place is like 1 minute from where i live. i just wanna learn the area. my dog knows what he needs to do and wants to do it i just dont have the help i need im willing to do whatever it takes i love this sport!
Redneck
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 1748571075

Postby Redneck » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:17 am

Young duke ya may want to re look at how you word that some hounds men will take you for a for a ride when ya say what ever it takes ill do it . I play down south about 4 hours or so from you .
You wana know the ropes the things Rick failed to tell you hope your single u will spend loads of money on trackers shockers & gas , and still not be guaranteed to even catch something ,Its a hard life style yet its fun and rewarding too . dont get me wrong i love to listen to my dogs work a track out and get it rolling .
Robert 435-705-0058 i dont know a bunch about hounds but what i do know i learned from some of the best guys on here and face book Devin Staker , Trashy mustang hounds , and a few others along the way , your best advice is talk to the DWR and get an area you can hunt coons at and not get in trouble the farther away from the road the better had a buddy loose one chasing lions . the lion doubled back and crossed the road and the dog got the wrong end of the chase
After the tail gate
drops the bull shit stops ,
you run em hard tree em harder
youngduke
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby youngduke » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:25 pm

my pup has been on a few coons but i will not run him alone i want at least 2 or 3 more dogs to run mine with i have heard the stories of cats doubling back. i think its fun and i know its alot of work but obviously im willing to put the time, money and effort out or else i wouldnt have gotten my pup. i have alot of time invested into him already with coons and he has alot of heart his mother was a really good cat dog and he knows what he is meant for its just he needs to get out with older dogs that will help. thanks for the advice. being new to this i have to start somewhere and id rather start with a pup like i did so will be trained how i want him and i got lucky because of how much heart he has he wants to please and he knows that when i tell him to do something that he needs to do it. i would like to set something up to run the dogs if your interested please get ahold of me thanks
youngduke
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby youngduke » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:34 pm

and yes you have a point but just so they know im gonna do what best helps my dog. yeah ill do things up to a point but if i feel me or my dog isnt gaining anything then there is no point he is my main priority.
Redneck
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 1748571075

Postby Redneck » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:59 pm

OK sounds good Buddy , 435-705-0058
that is my Cell number Robert Is my name
Daisy And Toby are my hounds
After the tail gate
drops the bull shit stops ,
you run em hard tree em harder