Hunting and trapping Idaho

General DiscussionForum
livetohunt
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Hunting and trapping Idaho

Postby livetohunt » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:46 am

Ok guys Im at my breaking point with this stupid state and the dang laws when it comes to hunting, fishing, trapping and owning guns. After doing a little looking around it looks like the two top states out here in the west for outdoors and guns is Alaska and Idaho. I would love to go back to Alaska but im sure if I did I would be going alone. So in the best interest of my marriage Im thinking Idaho. Now I know they have some great cat and bear hunting but what about other hunting, how does it rate? Does anyone Coon hunt in Idaho? Hows the trapping there? How is the cost of living there vs. here? Any help would be great guys.
bearman
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Hunting and trapping Idaho

Postby bearman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:12 pm

Nampa area, then over to eastern washington.
huntfish8
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 100002614535751

Postby huntfish8 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:01 am

well I know the Bear and cat hunting isn't awesome but it is better than not being able to hunt at all. There is a high percent of small bears, but there are some decent ones around far and few! Don't move to northern Idaho if you want to hunt coon they are really scarce. you will run the Risk of losing dogs to wolves in pretty much all of Idaho maybe except maybe very south but i'm not sure of that but that is the risk every body is dealing with now. We are all for guns over here though! good luck on your decision! happy hunting
tylers dad
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby tylers dad » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:56 pm

Plenty of bears around and lions if you look for them. Plenty of wolves to trap too. I have a great log home for sale too so hurry up and buy it and move here!
slash7682
Facebook ID: 100000616293932

Postby slash7682 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:44 am

My husband and I moved to Twin Falls Idaho in July, we moved from Corning, CA......about an hour and a half from Chester!!!! We love it here. The cost of living is a lot cheaper here, people are nicer, we were only here a month and both got our concealed weapons permits. My husband has hunted Idaho for several years and always fills his tags, deer and elk. The summer weather is really nice too!!!

Return to “General Forum”