Chest Packs

General DiscussionForum
Larry Emery
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Chest Packs

Postby Larry Emery » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:48 pm

Do any of you use a chest pack to carry your gadgets, if so what brand and how do you like it or would you rather have a different set up?
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin
Facebook ID: 100000011567041

Re: Chest Packs

Postby Buddyw » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:44 pm

Funny you should ask, I just got an email back from a gal that I'm working with to try and figure out if we can make our own chest pack for houndsmen.

I just asked to have some made for us to sell. I've been using them for a while, Mine has two pockets one for a radio and one for the Garmin. It's made out of a Mesh so it doesn't hold water.

I'm thinking about putting a spot for a small flash light, and a Pocket for a sandwich or snack bar or something.

I would be interested in any feed back so that we make them as good as we can. Even if you buy a different model I wouldn't mind hearing what you have to say.

I'm not sure on the price yet or the time until we have them but I'm sure it will be comparable.
Buddy
Budd Denny
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Budd Denny » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Make sure you get them in 3xl..LOL. I have been looking for one to carry radio, garmin, maybe a slim phone pocket, and video camera. My wife sewed a pocket on my carhart insulated vest for my garmin but now that I've switched to the longer antenna it pokes me in the face at times. She sewed in elastic at the top so I don't have to snap, and unsnap it every time I want to pull it out.
........Budd Denny..........
Unreal_tk
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Unreal_tk » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:33 pm

Have plastic d rings on the shoulder straps... So you can hook up your gizmo vest on it. I am on the hunt for a new pack that's affordable, back pack though
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:23 pm

Dont forget a pocket for the Flir. I think if i could get enough weight on my chest it would offset the weight in my backpack, that should keep me from falling over backwards all the time??
Larry Emery
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Larry Emery » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:46 pm

Buddy I could be one of your test pilots for you, I would like something that would hold a radio, garmin, and a shocker. a big pocket behind it wouldn't be bad either to stuff things in, maybe a small pouch for batteries, about four 20 guage shell loops while we are at it.
Grzyadms4x4
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Grzyadms4x4 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:48 pm

I currently use a camelbak and I like the water storage it has, 64oz., but having that much water on your back while running with after the dogs is kind of bouncy. Buddy, maybe your gal can make a sideways back pack, with the water bladder down around your waist. Also since I foot hunt I try to carry all the gear I will need, ie tracker maxima, water, flashlight, food, first aid, case of beer, etc. It would be great to have some of that gear up front on the shoulder straps instead of having to take off the waist belt, sternum strap and swing her around to grab a power bar or tracking system. Most importantly though, it needs to have an ashtray and beer cozy on the belt.
not color blind
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby not color blind » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:11 pm

catdogs
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 100001341185120

Postby catdogs » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:04 pm

http://www.holsterguy.com/Radio%20Chest ... %20101.htm

this is what I use for my Alpha. Love it.
Once you go black, you'll never go back! Duncan big game Black and Tans.
Rowdy
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Rowdy » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:47 am

I am using a the small SOG back pack from Walmart. $30. It is decent pack for the price with loops for radios, garmin storage space for essentials. I even packed out head and hide of a 225 pound bear with a little creative rigging.
Chris Powell
Lotsagrit Plotts
Cat track
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby Cat track » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:31 pm

Sounds perfect Larry

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Thrill of the chase
TrophyHusband
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby TrophyHusband » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:23 am

There was a vendor booth at the WBHA banquet that had a chest pack/holster that held a pistol, garmin, handheld, and flashlight. Priced about $40 if I recall. I like the idea of counter balance front/back like was mentioned above. Hydration pack on the back, chest pack on the front, include the mentioned cell phone and extra batteries pockets, and had a few D loops to the pistol/garmin/handheld/flashlight setup and would be about perfect for me.
Chadderbox

Postby Chadderbox » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:13 am

Kenneth
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Kenneth » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:23 am

Buddy,

How about making something out of molle straps with a mesh back similar to some military packs and offer a variety of small pouches? That way each person can customize it to their liking with various pockets for radios, GPS units, etc…

Kenneth
Cowboyvon
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Cowboyvon » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:48 am

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.

Henry David Thoreau

Return to “General Forum”