General DiscussionForum
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin
Facebook ID: 100000011567041

Garmin TT15 Mini and Garmin T5 Mini

Postby Buddyw » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:23 pm

Hi guys,
It's been a while, we've been really busy trying to get ready for the new round of product from Garmin. Today Garmin announced the Mini Series tracking Collars. Mostly the difference is the Size shape and Weight of the collar compared to the T5 and TT15 collars.

I would guess that for most of the Big Game guys these collars won't really matter too much for us as our dogs fit the larger collars just fine and the decreased battery life would be a disadvantage for us. There is about 4 hours less battery life than the Full size collars.

The only exception is If anyone has problems with their dogs neck being too small for the GPS collars and could afford to give up a few hours of battery life, then I would definitely recommend taking a look at the New mini Series. I've been running them on both my large dogs (double Collaring to test them out) as well as my young pup. I can say that having a small collar for the pup has been pretty nice while she's at the age that I can't put a big one on her. Personally I'll probably keep one of these collars around just for those young pups that really irritate you by standing on the road or jumping on the other dogs heads while they are working! Because the day they decide to click and go off on an elk isn't always the day they are ready for a full size collar, and that is how a day of hunting can get a little sideways!

Anyways, We've done allot of testing and we are confident the only drawback is battery life, Distance is pretty much the same as the full size collars, and the mini's have all the features of the big collars.

Buddy
Budd Denny
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Garmin TT15 Mini and Garmin T5 Mini

Postby Budd Denny » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:07 pm

This is the leg damage I was getting with the TT10's.

Side by side comparison.
........Budd Denny..........

Return to “General Forum”