a married houndsmens life

General DiscussionForum
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

a married houndsmens life

Postby justahunter » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:06 pm

Got into it with wife and this is what i text her. I may just be living with my dogs soon haha.

I hunt that is what i do . it is what i plan on making a living on eventually . i cant have good dogs if i dont hunt them hard. Thats how you make good dogs is hunting them hard. The house will get built as the money allows. When hunter is out of school for the summer he will stay hunt with me at camp. You are always Trying to get me not to hunt. Its my dream my passion in life . nobody is going to take that from me. I love u and my Kids i also love hunting . you guys come first and i do alot for all of you . so my hunting is for me. I will go weather u say yes or no . so get used to it. This arguement ends now. That is how it is. If not liked then thats your problem.
Trinity ridge plotts
Hunt hard cull hard !
Plott them don't walk them !
Kyle Adamson 2085901956
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: a married houndsmens life

Postby pegleg » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:29 pm

Well either you luck out and she for some reason allows you to do it OR soon you will be working a fulltime job so as to keep your hunting license. Don't want to fall behind on that child support or alimony. You'll probably get stuck with all the debt and paying her car off. Then there's the house.
You'd probably would be miles ahead in your ability to continue hunting if you went home hung some drywall or whatever stage your at then take her to dinner and Maybe go hunting tomorrow. But hell you might luck out to. Its just doubtful
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:02 pm

Speaking from experience........ Uh good luck with that.
Rimrock
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Rimrock » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:03 pm

Dumb or delusional ? I don't know. Good luck.
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:19 pm

You have as good a chance changing her stance as she does changing yours. Thats where ur at lol
Jeff Eberle
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Jeff Eberle » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:58 pm

Talk is cheap, Divorces aren't. I know I've paid off two of them. Bottom line is you just threw the first punch, and like it or not now you either shit or get off the pot, Because if you win she's not happy ,if she win's your not happy A divorce reminds me of Bobby Bare's song The Winner look it up.
Get JESUS In Your Life & Your Dog's In The Wood's

CLAVEY RIVER CUR'S
al baldwin
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby al baldwin » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:19 pm

Well I can recall when I was first married wife was not happy about all my hunting. She did give me a choice once in our young days. I declined to stop hunting, however I did some things close to what Pegleg suggested. She eventually came around, we reached 52 years last month & I am glad it worked. Like Jeff said, divorce is not cheap & most likely the kids will be hurt the most. Do what you wish, but think hard before you make it final. Thinking back don/t know how my wife tolerated all my hounds & hunting, however she learned to really like those hounds. Al
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby justahunter » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:36 pm

Geez you guys are getting to serious about this. She will be fine i just had to remind what my priorities are haha that was a joke to. I told her once when we got together i said "see those hounds out there they were here before you and they will still be here when your gone" . haha . now you all know i am not serious about none of that its just to Poke back. She wouldnt stop me from hunting just likes to talk a little crap hell they all do it. We all do it. She wouldnt leave me but if she did its her loss lol (another joke).
Trinity ridge plotts
Hunt hard cull hard !
Kyle Adamson 2085901956
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:04 am

Well given the number of houndsmen who have experienced divorce I'm willing to bet women in general aren't as amused by it as we think they are. My wife read it and asked me given the number of replies how many houndsmen I knew who hadn't been divorced I said maybe a small handful. And even less that are serious and been at it very long.
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:15 am

Ya i was joking too,cant believe you took me serious.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:38 am

Justahunter, it is good of you to share on this topic because it is probably the most important topic ever shared on here. Most of us don't want to talk about it.

I don't pretend to know your situation, and it sounds like you are ok. But there may be some one reading who is not, so I will just generalize the situations I have known. Most of the time when guys think everything is fine, they are wrong. They wake up one day and it was too late a couple years ago. And when they think divorce is just no big deal, they are wrong about that too. You may think you can be oblivious to its ravages, your children and grand children and parents will not.

On the death bed, There are always regrets. What will mine be? That I wish I had spent more time with my dogs proving what a great houndsman I am? Probably not. The nature of death bed regrets nearly always have to do with failings in human relationships.

Do we carry the weight for our family as men do? Or do our families carry the weight for us as parents do for their little children? Family members pay a tremendous price for us to prove ourselves, or whatever it is we are doing out there.

Which one of your dogs is going to be there to help you when you are too old to help yourself.

We demand dogs that give 110%. But the joke is on us, because that is what they take if we let them.

Any human who took as much would be considered the enemy and we would defeat him to protect our family.
Shotgun wg

Postby Shotgun wg » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:57 am

Y'all wanna solve your problem? Get the wife and youngins hooked on those hounds as well. That's why I get text asking if she can buy some 2way radios to help in the woods. Also come home to new gear cause the dogs needed it. We always hunt together if at all possible and she is involved in every aspect of the dogs. Making it our thing instead of my thing was probly one of the best moves I made.

Shotgun
Arkansas
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:34 am

Shotgun, only in the South where hounds were a deep part of the culture for generations. They don't make them like that in the north. If she was a northern girl I'd say enjoy it while it lasts. You got two maybe three years.

The few northern girls I have known of that are into hounds are not waiting around for a man to slow them down.
justahunter
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby justahunter » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:43 am

My Kids are hooked they been going to trees since they were able to hold there own head up. The first tree my wife went to i walked ahead of her and when she arrived she got to see me and my dogs fighting with a bear that was not wanting to stay up . she thought that was crazy. She went several other times until one day we treed 3 miles in in some terribly steep brushy mtns . we were almost back to the truck and she said i am done bear hunting i will never go again. She has never asked to go again . i still invite her all the time with a chuckle. The Kids love going they have there own hounds they name them to. Oh and to end the arguement between us i simply said i was sorry for being a ass and i love her .
Trinity ridge plotts
Hunt hard cull hard !
Kyle Adamson 2085901956
250plot
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby 250plot » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:19 pm

justahunter wrote, the hounds were here before you and be here when your gone. better than what i say. see i got into hounds after i got married so i say, those hounds may have been here after you but they will be here when your gone. haha. i hunted all my life and thats what i will continue to do. and dont get me wrong this isnt the oh i am tough man, i am man i make rules bull shit, it is simply she dont like it she can kick rocks and is the same in here eyes. maybee i just got lucky. (for now) haha

Return to “General Forum”