WOMEN VS HUNTING

General DiscussionForum
SKYHIGHBLUES
Facebook ID: 0

Re: WOMEN VS HUNTING

Postby SKYHIGHBLUES » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:19 pm

Everybody thanks for the help and advise, Much appreciation. Seeing as my family and my love for the hunt are my main focuses we are trying to work it to were we are both happy, maybe I just need to get her under a couple trees again and maybe that will re-ignite the excitement she once saw in the dogs.
Someday it'll happen
SKYHIGHBLUES

Postby SKYHIGHBLUES » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:22 am

Well looks like our efforts to make it work didn't work, she went and sold my pup behind my back while I was at work today, although my with a few things that came about last night having her hatred towards my mother and her not ever wanting my son around her because she so happens to be Mormon. Looks like after the holidays I'll be running my dogs a whole lot more and by myself!
Someday it'll happen
Pwilson
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Pwilson » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:57 pm

Sky go get u a set of dogs and go catch some shit u don't need nothen like that bud cheer up and go catch something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bearsnva
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby bearsnva » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:45 am

Sky,
I am truly sorry things didn't work out, but you gave it a chance. Two people have to be willing to make a marriage work for it to do so and obviously you didn't have the help required. I wish the best for you and for your son. A woman that turns her back on her own son doesn't deserve to have a family and would not be an asset to a family. I am sure when time passes you will probably see that the sooner this happened the sooner you could get it behind and move on with you and your son's life. Wishing you two the best for a happy future.
awhoundsandguideserv
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby awhoundsandguideserv » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:31 pm

Sorry to hear that man. That's pretty bad. At least you know that you tried. That's all that matters. No one can force someone to be happy. Better now then later trust me.
A&W Hounds And Guide Service.
Hunting and Fishing guides in the great state of Arizona.
Nikki Anderson
Home of Hair Of The Dog Outlaw Biggame Kennels.
Liz ODell
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Liz ODell » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:01 am

Your now ex wife should team up with my ex husband, they sound like two peas in a pod.

So mine showed up with a friend to bear hunt, he'd never seen a hound before, never killed a bear or bobcat, never rode a horse, but he got to do all that and then he thought he might kinda like it and living in the mountains hunting with me and the dogs all the time, I even got him pups and horses and the whole nine yards.
That was great for about a year, maybe two, then the subtle bitching started, 11 miserable years later the dogs, my current horse and myself finally made it out of there.
He went back to the central CA coast where he belongs with others of his kind and eventually I ventured out of the state but that's a whole other story.

But there had been all kinds of hate and ultimatums (me or the dogs, blah, blah), but what I didn't get was the dogs were already there and weren't going away so I'm not really sure where he thought he was going with that.
Then of course there's the obvious well I could be a drug addict or cheating or spending all your money but all I want to do is spend time in the woods chasing critters...that's probably a whole lot of self centered justification but you get the point, and that's probably a good thing to self reflect on as well (am I an asshole?) lol.

I was however smart enough to realize that had I gotten rid of the dogs then it would have just been something else, because the issue wasn't dogs, or horses, or hunting, the issue was a need to control and manipulate.
So it happens to women too but most of the hound ladies I know seem to be pretty equal partners with their hunting spouses, other than they may disagree on a dog now and then.

At any rate, I'm sorry it didn't work out especially considering that you have a kid but as you said yourself you got a little more truth there at the end and it really wasn't all about dogs either and chances are it wouldn't have gone away with the dogs.

I wish I had figured that out earlier, you only live once and wasting time on a miserable person can leave you with a lot of regrets cause sometimes the right thing just isn't, I'm still working on that part.
Of course I don't have kids either so I imagine that adds a whole new aspect to it.
Hopefully you'll be able to work that part out.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:15 am

It sure makes me sad to hear about it. It is hard to believe she doesn't want to be with her own baby boy. Postpartum depression maybe? I don't know. What I know for sure is that the children always loose the most in these situations, like mine have. They need both parents. And actually there are some really important things they need to learn, and can not, unless they can observe both parents in a relationship together.

They need to love and respect both parents. So as extremely difficult as it was for me, my children never heard a negative word out of my mouth about their mother. Nor were they ever allowed to be disrespectful toward her in my presence; even though I literally had to re-train them every time they came back to me from her. This was in no way to protect her, but to prepair my children for a good life. The only commandment of the Ten that comes with the promise of long life is this one: "Honor your father and mother".

I hope your child can be spared from being used as a tool against each other or as a spittoon for bitterness, and can get plenty of good time with both parents.

The fact that he is so young will make it easier for him to adjust normally to the loss. Some older kids have struggles they can't get past.
If she is abusive to him, then obviously you can't leave him with her, and might be better to make a clean break. He most likely won't have memory of her eventually.

I am very sorry and I wish things could work out between you. But I also know that sometimes it just can't. Keep hoping for Heaven where things will be as they should be, and focus on putting everything you can into raising that boy in the way he should go. He will bring you great joy if you do; much greater than any pack of dogs ever will. You will catch glimpses of Heaven in him, even now.

The concrete is poured. You have about eight years to shape it and refine it before it sets up into what it will be.
Take the job seriously. Learn all you can about it, and get busy. No time to waste.

Your dogs are not going to help you when you are old. Your son will, if you put in the time with him and teach him by example.

My marriage was the worst thing that ever happened to me. But my children from that marriage are the best thing that ever happened to me. Go figure.

It is kind of hard to deal with actually. I would rather just stay angry about my marriage. But how can I? It gave me the greatest earthly gift imaginable: children.

You are blessed.
floridacathunter
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000875297200

Postby floridacathunter » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:58 am

AMEN ! Thank you, David, for words of wisdom.

Return to “General Forum”