!!!AZ Bobcat and Lion Being Reclassified as Protected!!!

General DiscussionForum
duck duck goose
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

!!!AZ Bobcat and Lion Being Reclassified as Protected!!!

Postby duck duck goose » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:48 pm

Arizona is the next state in the crosshairs folks and we need your support!

State Senator Steve Farley has introduced SB-1182 to reclassify the Bobcat and Mountain Lion as protected species. It is time to get to the phones and emails and let your senator know that you do not support this. Call your senators directly, or if you would like to email Senator Farley directly his email address is Steve@FriendsOFarley.com

If anyone needs help finding out who their senator is let me know and I will help you track them down.

Here is a link to the proposed bill.
http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/53leg/1R/bills/SB1182P.htm
duck duck goose
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: !!!AZ Bobcat and Lion Being Reclassified as Protected!!!

Postby duck duck goose » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:58 pm

Here is the email that I just sent to both Senator Farley and my own Senator. Feel free to copy and paste.

Good Afternoon Senator Farley,

I was recently informed of a piece of legislation that you have introduced intending to reclassify Arizona’s population of Bobcats and Mountain Lions as a protected species. I am writing you today to voice my strongest of oppositions to this act. Arizona has an incredibly healthy population of both of these species due directly to the hard work being done by the people at the Arizona Game and Fish Department.

As you may know, both Bobcats and Mountain Lions are nearing or at the apex predator position in their food chains, and taking the ability to regulate their populations away from the Game and Fish Department by classifying these as protected species will have long lasting detrimental effects on the overall health of the entire ecosystem here in Arizona.

I thank you for the hard work that you do in the State Senate, but I have to ask you to abandon this piece of legislation in favor of allowing the Game and Fish Department to continue their work of science based management of our natural resources.

Thank you for your time,
Lee Wolford
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Lee Wolford » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:20 pm

Just emailed them.
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:53 am

Well ddg guess its time to rally your club members and do some outreach to sympathetic groups. These guys don't have the slightest clue to actual numbers or any other facts regarding these species
Grzyadms4x4
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Grzyadms4x4 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:55 am

It's late but here is a list of all of the Senators that are in the Senate Natural Resources, Energy and Water Committee. Luckily we probably have a few allies in that committee and in fact it's Chairman is Gail Griffin who is very hunter friendly and actually introduced a bill in 2014 to allow hunting of the Mexican Gray wolf. This bill will hopefully die in this committee.
Here are the email addresses of all of the committee members.

akfann@azleg.gov
sallen@azleg.gov
adalessandro@azleg.gov
fpratt@azleg.gov
ggriffin@azleg.gov
jburges@azleg.gov
lotondo@azleg.gov
Jpeshlakai@azleg.gov

So far, according to their listed agenda found here, https://apps.azleg.gov/BillStatus/Commi ... sionID=117, it isn't on their lists of bills to consider on next weeks meeting.

I saw on another website that on Facebook Steve Farley has more information about his ties with HSUS. He is a typical carpetbag liberal from California someone in that Tuscon district needs to run to replace him in 2018.
pegleg
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby pegleg » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:05 pm

There's your new career Zach . consider yourself nominated
duck duck goose
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby duck duck goose » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:23 pm

Return to “General Forum”