Obsessive Male Dog

General DiscussionForum
pistol
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Obsessive Male Dog

Postby pistol » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Has anybody ever had a male dog get Obsessive over a spade female. These dogs have been raised together for 4 years and one day a couple weeks ago he started bothering her like she was in heat. He follows her around all day now and absolutely won't leave her side. Now when another male even looks at her he gets growly and starts fights. My buddy also has a dog too that won't leave her alone. When we hunt his male just wants to follow her and hump her. This guy has a pile of dogs too and he only bothers her. She has been spade since a puppy. It doesn't seem to bother them when they hunt but it's been annoying around the kennel. I know I couldn separate them but my question is wtf is going on. I have a 50ft x50ft kennel and my dogs have always shared it. They eat and sleep together and have never gotten growly ever until now.
JakeG
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: Obsessive Male Dog

Postby JakeG » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:07 pm

Have and had same thing the females anal sacs were not emptying like they should and causing the males to act like she was in heat. Beat my head for a while and my vet figured it out and drained them. The males all went back to normal for about a year but I noticed they r starting to act the same way. Guess I better get my gloves on :roll: the female has been fixed for a while as well.

Return to “General Forum”