Open Mouth

Yeti drops the NRA.

Postby JTG » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:23 pm

david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Yeti drops the NRA.

Postby david » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:29 pm

I hope hunters have the guts to boycott. Every hunter I know has or wishes they had these products. Hopefully the Yeti folks were smart enough to know this would hurt them, and hopefully we are strong enough to make it so.
JTG
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby JTG » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:35 pm

David, I was just about to buy a couple of their cups, I sure will not be buying them now.
not color blind
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby not color blind » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:42 am

My response from Yeti when I emailed them.

We're writing in response to your recent email inquiry.

A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that "[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities." Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

Thanks for reaching out to YETI.

Logo
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Spotify
JTG
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby JTG » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:26 am

I got the same response. We will see.
Mike Leonard
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby Mike Leonard » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:08 pm

This sounds closer to the truth. Yeti is an amazing product and they were a pioneer in upgrading technology. They are certainly smart enough not to bite the hands that feed them.

I am a Lifetime Member of the NRA very proud of this fine organization and the work that they do for the American people. Let's get all the facts before we slice and dice either. But also remember they are and EXTREEMLY powerful lobby and media group, and they want it THEIR WAY.....

Maybe Jim Shockey will chime in and give us his feelings. Jim was one of the earliest promoters of Yeti as were our Duck Brothers so let's get their take on it.

Keep em cold and on ice!!!!

Cheers!
MIKE LEONARD
Somewhere out there.............
Beastmode
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Beastmode » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:50 pm

I called yeti on the phone yesterday. Basically they were a sponsor for the NRA. Giving them coolers for an extreme discount. The NRA would then sell the coolers or use them at the Friends of NRA dinners as auction items. The NRA would pocket the difference. Now the have to buy for the same price everyone else does without the huge discount. They essentially used to give money to the NRA by giving such hug discounts. Now they don’t give that money to the NRA. While Yeti has every right to do this I don’t think it was a wise move based on gun control being such a huge item in the political arena. Whether they meant anything by it or not I will be buying a different product personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jeff Eberle
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Jeff Eberle » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:37 pm

Look at some of the test people have done on YouTube with ice chest , They aren't that good anyways.
Get JESUS In Your Life & Your Dog's In The Wood's

CLAVEY RIVER CUR'S
JTG
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby JTG » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:48 pm

When they started getting a bunch of calls, they changed their position and still are not very clear. Anyone can say they support the 2nd. Let's see what happens.

Jeff is correct, check out the tests. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbFSwQYn-mY
JTG
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby JTG » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:59 am

CRA
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby CRA » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:14 pm

One example of Yeti changing their tune once exposed for being anti gun was in Austin Tx where their store front had a 30x30 sign signing, No concealed or open carried firearms. Yeti was catering to the anti-gun crowd that makes up the majority of Austin. When the Yeti's VP of marketing was called out on the anti gun sign he was pleading ignorance.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/0 ... n-ban/amp/

Pelican Coolers will donate 10 dollars to the NRA for every cooler purchased. Vote with your dollars.

Bison Coolers are made in USA and support 2nd amendment. RTIC coolers are strong supporters of our 2nd amendment and make a great product at half the cost.

"Most" Yeti coolers are only designed in the US and outsourced to cheap labor countries and MADE IN CHINA or Philippines.
JTG
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby JTG » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:41 pm

Jeff Eberle
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Jeff Eberle » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:46 pm

How about posting the phone number for yeti here so anybody concerned about this has no excuse not to call. And why stop with yeti why don't we start calling all the retailers that sell them as well like Bass Pro Cabela's Sportsman's Warehouse ect ect.
Get JESUS In Your Life & Your Dog's In The Wood's

CLAVEY RIVER CUR'S
JTG
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby JTG » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:50 pm

JTG
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby JTG » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:12 pm