Colorado

Postby Brady Davis » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:14 pm

nice to see a Colorado forum. Let's all keep in touch
Coyote
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Colorado

Postby Coyote » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:50 am

Hmmm, don't think we're doing a very good job of keeping Colorado going.
Erik Kline
970-394-0240
westelkoutfitters

Postby westelkoutfitters » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:29 pm

What does Colorado have for a houndsmans association?? I have seen United houndsmen of Colorado but cant find a website.
Jerad
Westelk Outfitters [/color][/b]
Raising & Hunting Big Game Hounds
http://www.westelkoutfitters.com
Jerad Cotten
poisonivy

Postby poisonivy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:22 am

im from colorado northen border up by baggs wyo
livin the dream
thomasg
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby thomasg » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:12 am

I second that. I'm new to the sport and would like to know what organization is in colorado. I know there are a lot of legal issues going on in colorado so a little more organization of the good guys helps right?
Keep america american. Dont take it for granted. Live the good old fashioned american way Semper fi
Tanner Peyton
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Tanner Peyton » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:48 pm

Hey fellas, I used to live in the very north east portion of Colorado. But I just move out to Nebraska for a little while. I was a coon hunter for 10 years and one of the most God aweful bobcat hunters to walk the earth. I think all you hounds men out there probably should do what ever you can to save your sport and maybe start some clubs. I feel as though Colorado is a thread away form having the liberals take over. Maybe I'm wrong though. Happy hunting men. oh I did catch two lions once but not on purpose. I'm not much of a lion hunter. Haha
colobbcat
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby colobbcat » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:20 pm

Hey there CO guys... this is a post from Four Courners Houndsmen Assn. PLease lets get together and fight this, below are some meetings all of us ought to be at.

Hello ladies and gentlemen,
This is Sadie Jo Accashian, I'm the vice president of this association. Many of you have heard rumors of a ballot initiative in the works to end lion and bear hunting and to bring back wolves and I want to say its very true. We need your help more than ever, Wendy keefover is holding meeting and if any of you could attend and put in your two cents against her motivates, by all means. There will also be a meeting held with Ken Logan, the leading biologist in the state for mountain lion January 22nd at 2pm at the salida cpw office. If you guys could make it, that would be great.
Thank you,
Sadie Jo Accashian
A Special Wintersköl Naturalist Night: The Challenges of Advocating for Mountain Lion Conservation
Wednesday, January 13th, at 5:30 p.m. at the Carbondale Third St. Center, 520 S. 3rd St., Carbondale
Thursday, Junauary 14th, at 7:00 p.m. at ACES at Hallam Lake, 100 Puppy Smith St., Aspen
Speaker: Wendy Keefover, Native Carnivore Protection Manager, the Humane Society of the United States
Description: Biologists have documented that apex carnivores are the driving force for both biological diversity and ecosystem viability. Carnivores' behavior literally keep the planet healthy. Alarmingly, top carnivores are heavily hunted. In Western and Midwestern states, wildlife-management agencies sanction heavy persecution of cougars (Puma concolor) also commonly known as mountain lions or panthers. Recently, there has been a noticeable trend identified by state wildlife agencies to promote enthusiastic killing of cougars in hopes that more native game will be available for hunters. While most of the public appreciates and values mountain lions as icons of the wild, we must convince the decision makers about the necessity of lions in their ecosystems, and gain transparent public processes that includes all voices.
Speaker Bio: Wendy Keefover has been a wildlife advocate for two decades, working to change policies that harm wildlife. She is the native carnivore protection manager for the Humane Society of the United States.
colobbcat
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby colobbcat » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:48 pm

Last night in Carbondale we had a great turn out of approx 30 lion hunters guides and other sportsman. Wendy Keefover did not present the information she had advertised to the group assumingly because of this overwhelming presence of sportsman and ranchers. The information she is presenting to the public about lions and lion hunting is inaccurate and scewed. We brought this to her and others attention last night and she was on her heals. Anyone that can possibly make it to Aspen tonight for the second meeting in her "Educational Series on Carnivorous" Would be greatly appreciated and will help tremendously. If you need a ride let me know there are several people from all over the state going im sure we can figure something out!!
The meeting is at 7pm:
ACES at Hallam Lake, 100 puppy smith st. Aspen CO
Thanks.

Return to “Colorado”