"Replaying" a race?

This is an area for Helping with Garmin Questions, Any posted References or posted Advertisements for selling Products will be removed. This is not a Place to Post your items for Sale, or Ask where to buy products.
bowieknife50
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

"Replaying" a race?

Postby bowieknife50 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:56 pm

Howdy. Does anybody know of its possible to replay a race from stay to finish on Garmin base camp? It seems like you should because I think all the way points from the collar have a tone stamp. I have just never done it and don't know how. Be great to hear any opinions on this.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
tman308
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re:

Postby tman308 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:53 pm

I'm going to assume you're asking if anybody downloads the dog tracks and looks at the different times each dog is at each different location from start to finish. It used to be very simple to do with the DC50 and older collars as you could plug them into the computer and download the individual collar tracks. With any of the TT series collars I have not found a way to download it from the collars themselves you can only download it from the GPS. That's not an issue if you never lose signal with your dogs but if you lose signal with the dogs you will not have an accurate track or timeline of when they were at each location. I have done this several times and it really gives you a good idea of what dogs are up front and which ones aren't. It also gives you a good idea about the prey you are chasing and how they respond to the different number of dogs at any given point. What I mean by that is we've got bears here that like to bay on the ground but when the fifth dog shows up they turn and run.
Tman308

Hunt Hard, Hunt Smart, Have Fun, and take your kids with you!
bowieknife50
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: "Replaying" a race?

Postby bowieknife50 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:17 am

Yes that's pretty much it. I knew you could download the tracks but wasn't sure if you could play them out like you're watching the race unfold again or if it just shows you the line of their tracks. I keep comm the vast majority of the time with my long range unit in the truck so it should be decent. I will have to play around with this and figure it out if I ever get time off work before the season ends. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Return to “Garmin Astro Help Topics”