Alpha

This is an area for Helping with Garmin Questions, Any posted References or posted Advertisements for selling Products will be removed. This is not a Place to Post your items for Sale, or Ask where to buy products.
chase
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Alpha

Postby chase » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:49 pm

thanks for info bro, i am on the phone with garmin now... deleted them..
Last edited by chase on Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chase

Postby chase » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:09 pm

just got off the phone with garmin, they told me to do exactly what you did, and if it still had problems, then try using it without the sd card...
Last edited by chase on Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chase

Postby chase » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:42 pm

ok, found the problem and got it fixed, it had tracks i had saved, and idk why but somehow they got corrupt,

i deleted all the archived tracks, (that store auto) and then i hit back, to the previous screen, witch shows tracks i had manually saved, and i started deleting them, and there was 4 that would not let me delete them, i tried and tried it kept shutting the garmin down... the rest deleted fine, waypoints n all..

but them 4 tracks wouldnt delete, so, i hooked it up to the computer, and deleted them from the computer, and BAM i got a smooth nice flawless garmin again.. :) and it is allot faster than it was before the corrupt files where removed.

Thank you very much for your help and suggestions.. now this info is here for anyone that might have problems in the future! :) hagd all!
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin
Facebook ID: 100000011567041

Postby Buddyw » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:08 am

Good to hear. It happens faster when there are more dogs because it fills up the memory quicker!!

Buddy
Buddy
njharnde

Postby njharnde » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:31 pm

Did they fix the shutting down/freezing up issue yet?

I have been running the system a year now and still having the issue.

Any fixes would be cool to hear about. Also found out if you run two collars on the dog be sure to put the little brass contacts of the alpha facing away from the other collar. Or it can short out the collar and shut it off.

This system is good but garmin really needs to update the processor.
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Buddyw » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:00 pm

Sent you a PM,

Clear your Archived tracks and change the Track archive to weekly. This will help you out allot.

Also make sure your software is upto date.

Buddy
Buddy
mondomuttruner
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby mondomuttruner » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:06 pm

Buddy, I'm considering going to an alpha, is this something Garmin is looking into? I'd hate to buy one and have problems.
Buddyw
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Buddyw » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:18 pm

Garmin has been fixing these issues since the beginning. It has gotten much better now with the new software. Like I said the steps above will help keep the memory from getting filled up, that is when I see most of the issues arise is the Track log is completely full.

We have allot of customers with Alphas and none of them are going back to the 320's and astro's. I would be surprised if you seen any issue like this with an alpha.

Buddy
Buddy
chase

Postby chase » Fri May 01, 2015 10:59 am

na, i learned it still shuts down, just not as bad. it is happening to allot of ppl. i traded it in, and got a refurbished model, it shut down but was worse then the 1 i sent in. FML :/
chase

Postby chase » Fri May 01, 2015 11:12 am

however, it is still very handy n i love it.. it's just a b***h sometimes.. esp when u need to correct your dog, grab your alpha, and touch the screen and it decides to die.. takes like 15 secs to shut completely down and start back up.. or maybe lil longer.. an you have to set back any settings you might have just changed.. IMO it should be a better system for the money..

would i buy it again knowing it is going to start freezing up within a few months.. NO!
but i had sold my old shocking system and tracker.. so, i was kinda fked.. wish i could go back.. id keep my shocking system, and sell my tracker then upgrade to a new tracker.. but no alpha..

Again, it isnt all that bad at first.. trust me though, it steadily gets worse.. once ever other night, then after months more.. itll be 5 - 10 times a night.. how bad will it get? who knows..

lol you guys with alpha's doing this.. you should be calling in and letting it be known.. because all representatives are stating it isnt happening to no one else but me >.<

Return to “Garmin Astro Help Topics”