Alpha Randomly Shocking Dogs

This is an area for Helping with Garmin Questions, Any posted References or posted Advertisements for selling Products will be removed. This is not a Place to Post your items for Sale, or Ask where to buy products.
imchestnut
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 1419407169

Alpha Randomly Shocking Dogs

Postby imchestnut » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:28 pm

I'm pretty convinced my Alpha has started randomly shocking dogs. Has anyone else experienced this? I have the latest software installed and an definitely not contacting the buttons.
walker83
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: Alpha Randomly Shocking Dogs

Postby walker83 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:48 am

please, if I know you, you have a rough day at work or in a fight with the wife and you go out and start shocking dogs just to make yourself feel better. Alpha randomly shocking dogs?? ha thats pretty good. :beer
imchestnut
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 1419407169

Postby imchestnut » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:08 am

I'll take credit for those pissed off shocks...these are in addition to those.
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:59 am

When i first got the alpha i was hunting on a hot fall day with 9 dogs. I had one of my old dogs that was dilly dallying around about getting back up on the box so i had his collar pulled up on the handheld so i could tone him and speed him up a little. When we called it quits and headed home i loaded all the dogs in the box except for him. He was gunna ride shotgun in the A/C with me. I told him to get in while i was closing the tailgate and the next thing i knew he was squalling like a banshee. I had left the handheld laying in the passenger seat and when he went over the console he stepped on the correction button and shocked himself. I dont know what the odds of that happening are but it has to be slim! He dont like riding shotgun much anymore lmao

Probably not a Garmin problem though

Return to “Garmin Astro Help Topics”