Can't get my tt 10 collar to do a master reset

This is an area for Helping with Garmin Questions, Any posted References or posted Advertisements for selling Products will be removed. This is not a Place to Post your items for Sale, or Ask where to buy products.
bayem'up
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby bayem'up » Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:16 am

While out running the collar seemed to freeze the dog showed it stayed in the same spot and never moved. Got to the rest of the dogs and he was with them. Came home deleted the dog on the dog list added the collar back on there. It said it was successful. But still won't pick it up. Did the update on it and still nothing. But I can go to the dogs name and turn the dog light on and the light comes on on the collar. So it reads between the alpha and the collar but never picks it up on the alpha. So I tried to do a master reset and I push the button four times but it never turns red then green just always stays red. Wondering what you guys think before I just send it in. Is there a different way to do a master reset? And think it could be something with my antenna on the collar that's why it doesn't pick the dog up? Ill give garmin a call but wanted to see if anyone here could help me out. Thanks
johnadamhunter
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby johnadamhunter » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:53 pm

Had the same thing happen on 2 of mine the same night. I loosened the antenna, wiggled it, retightened All was fine.
scrubrunner
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Can't get my tt 10 collar to do a master reset

Postby scrubrunner » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:18 am

I have 4 tt10s seems like at least one will freeze up nearly every day. Shows dog not moving but like you it is with the other dogs. I still have communication with collar it will tone and shock, I can't figure it out. I tape the charging contacts which seems to help problem but has not eliminated it. Most of the time I have to turn collar off and back on and it picks it up sometimes it will pick it back up after dog is in the truck for a little while. Best thing since sliced bread when they work, very frustrating when they don't.
coontail
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby coontail » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:07 pm

I know this is an old post but i just had this happen on my tt10 that is a lil over two years old.
johnadamhunter
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby johnadamhunter » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:26 pm

Knock on wood! I've never had this problem. A tip I think helps these collars is not placing in on the dogs neck in front of other collars. The charging contacts cannot come in contact with the buckle of another collar. I think that the buckle of another collar short circuits the Garmin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coontail
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby coontail » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:06 am

Yeah i usually put a piece of elec tape over those contacts
coontail
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby coontail » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:35 am

Called garmin. They said bad collar. Over 2 years old, send it back and they will send me a new one for 80bucks
coontail
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby coontail » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:53 pm

Come to find out it wont be a new one. When you send yours in they throw it in with other bad collars that will all be fixed to factory specs and just grab one to send you
Budd Denny
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Budd Denny » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:09 am

To perform a master reset*:

Ensure the device is powered off
Connect charging clip to collar
Connect USB cable to collar
Connect USB cable to power source (computer, AC wall adapter)
Ensure collar light is active to confirm connection
Firmly press the Power button 4 times (each button press should produce a quiet tone from the collar)
Wait for light to turn green then red
Disconnect USB cable and charging clip from collar
........Budd Denny..........
mattp

Postby mattp » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:30 pm

if what budd said doesnt work, plug it into the computer and press the power button over and over rapidly until you hear 4 chirps and it will ring. most of the time it will not chirp on every click so just keep doing it until you get the 4 chirps if you have any additional questions shoot me a call at double u 855-384-8687
houndogger
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby houndogger » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:07 am

Having similar issues as mentioned above. Can't seem to update any of my collars. Computer says tt10 but won't let me update?
If your going to find tracks you better make tracks!

Return to “Garmin Astro Help Topics”