TT10 Collar issues

This is an area for Helping with Garmin Questions, Any posted References or posted Advertisements for selling Products will be removed. This is not a Place to Post your items for Sale, or Ask where to buy products.
Budd Denny
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

TT10 Collar issues

Postby Budd Denny » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:17 am

I have one collar out of 8 that is giving me fits, it always seems to turn on fine, always stays connected, shows good battery. When I go to shut it off after a couple hours of running I have to press down hard on the power button with a small object to shut it down, one time the light turned red and stayed on and the collar would beep long beeps with pauses between. Think it's a power button problem? I see the replacement buttons offered on ebay, how hard are they to change out?
........Budd Denny..........
sheimer
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: TT10 Collar issues

Postby sheimer » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:03 pm

It is a power button issue. The early ones were not a good setup. I've never used one of the replacement buttons. I got pissed one day and stuffed something sharp into one of my collars and poked a hole in the rubber seal on top of the button. I just ripped the rest of the plastic and rubber out of the way and got after a plastic thumb tack with the dremel tool and built a new one and used silicone to seal it in place. Still working and that was a couple years ago. I'm sure it will fail and I'll have to send it in for repair, but in the mean time it kept me hunting.

Come to find out, using the end of the antenna works well and doesn't ruin the seal on top. That is also one of the best things about the TT15 and the T5, the power buttons are way better.

Scott
Budd Denny
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Budd Denny » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:36 pm

The replacement buttons on ebay are from outside the U.S. do you know of anyone in the states selling them?
........Budd Denny..........
muzzy
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby muzzy » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:04 pm

im having the same problem with one of mine now its even hard to turn on wondering what the fix is for it

Return to “Garmin Astro Help Topics”