Alpha compass

This is an area for Helping with Garmin Questions, Any posted References or posted Advertisements for selling Products will be removed. This is not a Place to Post your items for Sale, or Ask where to buy products.
icehole
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Alpha compass

Postby icehole » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:08 pm

Checking to see if anyone else has this problem. The compass on my alpha seems to always be pointing the wrong direction. I have calibrated the compass numerous times and it's still wrong. The dog compass is usually off by 90 degrees the distance to the dogs is good though. The compass to get back to the truck is usually 180 off sometimes it's good though and the distance to truck works fine. When I calibrate the compass the first two always work and the third always fail. Another thing I noticed today after using it for 5 or 6 hours this morning is when I put it on the charger it said the battery was 100 percent. I have been running this unit since they came out and just started having these problems. I have done all the updates on the computer also.
johnadamhunter
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: Alpha compass

Postby johnadamhunter » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:16 pm

Electromagnetic field will cause this. Mine has never worked properly inside my new truck. Have you started using some new gadget? Does correct itself when you start moving? When you are still it determines 'north' magnetically When moving it uses satellite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
icehole
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Alpha compass

Postby icehole » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:16 pm

I'm not sure if electromagnetic field is the problem. I usually walk with the dogs so I am not anywhere near the truck. I brought my garmin 450 with me today because I can't trust the alpha but it was turned off the whole time until I needed to get back. I did notice the 450 would bounce every time the collars updated though.

Return to “Garmin Astro Help Topics”