Replacing GPS antenna on DC50

This is an area for Helping with Garmin Questions, Any posted References or posted Advertisements for selling Products will be removed. This is not a Place to Post your items for Sale, or Ask where to buy products.
bearcat
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Replacing GPS antenna on DC50

Postby bearcat » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:34 pm

I have a bad GPS antenna on a DC50 collar. Garmin doesn't work on them any more but I have a junk collar (bear bit it) for parts and looked online and they also sell replacement GPS antennas for them. my problem is the one tutorial I found http://www.gfixer.com/en/blogs/view_entry/12855/ I had already gotten down to removing the sealant and then was stumped. Good tutorial with pictures for everything but the "two small screws" that is says to remove that hold the gps connector to the collar. I can't spot any "two small screws anywhere. Can anybody tell me or better yet post a picture of these?
bearcat
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: Replacing GPS antenna on DC50

Postby bearcat » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:04 pm

Never mind. Found them. Actually I had already taken them out, they are up in the rubber strap, which was totally rotted away on the collar I was working on. But the brass connector for the gps antenna cable was stuck in on that collar and I ended up having to get a pair of needle nose and get ahold of it to pull it out. I thought there was still something holding it. They are even circled in red on the linked tutorial :roll: I must need spectacles!

Return to “Garmin Astro Help Topics”