There is a war in Britain regarding fox hunts.

A place to Talk about Fox Hunting and Running Dogs.
Barrow Boy
Facebook ID: 0

There is a war in Britain regarding fox hunts.

Postby Barrow Boy » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:18 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFQ9O2gjMaU

Not very genteel British demeanor here. Hounds tearing fox apart is barbaric. In America, red and gray fox are shot humanely with guns.
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: There is a war in Britain regarding fox hunts.

Postby Beebout-it » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:37 pm

I guess I must have missed the part where the dogs were barbaricily ripping the fox apart but if your supporting the people that made that video I think your on the wrong forum. If you've ever ran dogs from time to time even tree game is caught on the ground so although not the desired outcome it does happen from time to time.
Barrow Boy

Postby Barrow Boy » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:05 pm

I never knew bear and cougar were torn up by hounds as is fox in England by the well-to-do. I've been told that dogs can be torn up by large predators. In Britain, fox hunting with live foxes had been banned by parliament. They must only trail now with artificial scents. I don't condone UNLAWFUL hunting practices in America and abroad. I trust that following game regs is appreciated on this forum.

In Britain, the police don't enforce the game law there very well so a lot of traditional fox hunting still goes on under the table. You have "sab" groups in UK policing the game violators. These outlaw fox hunters can get very violent. They call these "saboteur" women foul names and sometimes batter them. These "sab" ladies often have cameras as evidence and some of these violent UK fox hunters have even been prosecuted and convicted for battery and assault. In America, you goof just a little on the hunting rules, one can expect a game warden with a ticket book to jump out from any bush.

I don't condone UNLAWFUL hunter harrassment, however. I don't condone violence and death threats against ethical hunters strictly following the law.

If the Brits were civilized, they would shoot foxes with guns as the law allows to manage them. A farmer has a right to shoot a bushy-tail chicken thief.
perk
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby perk » Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:31 pm

If this is the topic you wish to discuss and find sympathy to your view point like beebout-it suggested your in the wrong area, and around the wrong groups of people.
I don't think anyone on here is looking to shed a bad light on any group of real hound hunters, especially those which hunt in another country and we have no idea of what the actual laws are other than whatever have seen in news, on the news, and in social media. I don't believe any of us are adept to speak to the actual laws which govern fox hunting in England, as we don't live there or participate.

barrow boy this forum is welcome to all kinds of hunters but is designed for the hound hunter, I don't see anything in your post so far to lead anyone to believe you are a hound hunter or even a real hunter, as many of the things you have said are borderline anti-hunting or encourage others to not pursue their passion. Your rhetoric and choice of words do not display you to be a hound hunter, or at least not like the hundreds of hound and dog hunters I am acquainted with.
Here are a few examples, you have bashed an entire group of hunters based on propoganda. You have linked all the hunters as women beaters, not know actually what causes the conflict between Hunter and saboteurs. You seem to want people not to harvest and pay for meat processing due to possible cwd. Your introduction was all across the board in terminology and information.
I encourage everyone as I always have to please be mindful of things we post as there are antihunters trolling all of these websites, wolves in sheep clothing, and so far no post barrow boy has posted has identified himself as someone who aligns with the values of most of the hound hunting community.
'If the hounds dont catch him on top, It doesnt count'
'Day Light and Eye Sight DONT LIE!'
EGO is not your AMIGO
Beebout-it
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Beebout-it » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:06 pm

Couldn't have said it any better perk!! Also I'm a poor hounddogger that lives in the west and I get along just fine and catch plenty!
Rowdy Fitz
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Rowdy Fitz » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:31 pm

Not to be a “me too” but I agree with Bee and Perk. Barrow Boy is definitely not passing the smell test.

Return to “Fox Hunting”