new to fox hunting in ky

A place to Talk about Fox Hunting and Running Dogs.
KYBoy
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

new to fox hunting in ky

Postby KYBoy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:24 pm

hey you all I am just getting in to fox hunting down here in s.e. ky it was a big thing back in the old days but they almost got hunted out when game calls came out and just now get back to good numbers I was just wondering since fox hounds are hard to find around here most of what you find are coon hounds has anyone used treeing dogs for fox I read in some of the old hunting books form back in my granddad time the poor people would keep one or two dogs that would run anything the way I read it was on a fox the dogs would move slow and run it aroud the same ground until you could get ahead for the shot I was just wondering if anyone heard of dog working fox like that
bluelantern
Facebook ID: 0

Re: new to fox hunting in ky

Postby bluelantern » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:59 pm

There used to be some fox pens in Knox county. I had a neighbor that use to run hounds in them. I have been interested in fix running myself.
KYBoy
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby KYBoy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:49 pm

I know my dad said he could rember when they were a lot of fox dogs around but fox just about got killed off before I was born and just the last few years we are seen more just wise I could find a dog like dad said he could rember
henpeck
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

new to fox hunting in ky

Postby henpeck » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:04 pm

George Hill out of Waco, I believe..... Has some line bred Walkers that would get after a fox
scrubrunner
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby scrubrunner » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:08 pm

The Kentucky Open Foxhound Field Trial will be held Feb. 25-28 at the Clay Wildlife Management Area, Carlisie Ky. should be able to find something there or info on where to get what you want.

Return to “Fox Hunting”