Timed out

A place to Talk about Fox Hunting and Running Dogs.
scrubrunner
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Timed out

Postby scrubrunner » Sat May 28, 2016 2:24 am

I wrote y'all a long story about a crazy hound I had one time but I guess site timed out on me. I give up. Maybe another day.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Timed out

Postby david » Sat May 28, 2016 2:45 pm

Scrub runner, that has happened to a lot of us. I know that feeling of forget it!

Two ways to avoid it that I know of if you make a long post:

1) either right click or if it is a phone, hold your thumb on the post, tap it or whatever you have to do to get "select all". When you do hit select all, the "copy" option will appear. Copy it.

If you can't get the "select all" option to apear, you can probably get the "copy" option to appear, and highlight the whole post, and hit copy.

2) if the "log in" page appears when you try to submit your post, you know you have timed out. DONT LOG IN. DO NOT LOG IN! hit the "back" arrow, go back to your post and copy it.

Then, go log in. Your post will come up blank. Just smile real big, right click, or double tap your post, select "paste". And say "I got you ol' fox!"

Hit submit, and make us all happy.

Please write it again when you feel up to it!!

Oh, and another way that lets you keep your story as a document for that book you need to write:

Write the story on a word document, or "notes" or whatever. Then when you are done, just copy it and go to BGH and paste it on a post.

That is probably the best way if you are writing out a story.

Return to “Fox Hunting”