Cecil Boggs update.

A place to Talk about Fox Hunting and Running Dogs.
bearsnva
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Cecil Boggs update.

Postby bearsnva » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:09 am

I know Cecil is mentioned on here a lot so I thought I would just make a comment about this weekend. The Virginia Bear Hunters Association had a field trial this weekend and Cecil was there. I didn't get to talk to him because things were pretty hectic and busy and I hated I didn't. You always learn something when you talk with Cecil. Cecil was getting around good and looked like he was felling well. I figured those of you that had dealt with Cecil would be glad to hear that. Cecil is an amazing person and a wealth of dog and hunting knowledge and a credit to all hunters.
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Cecil Boggs update.

Postby david » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:36 am

It's true. I was able to visit him in Waynesboro on sept 27. I have found it difficult to talk on the phone with him. But in person he is so amazing and sharp as a tack with a memory like an elephant. He still is teaching Sunday school every single Sunday, has endless stories, and once you get him going, it is very hard to leave. I had a deadline to keep, but I would not have been bored if I could have stayed a couple more hours. He is a good and righteous man. A breath of fresh air. I am thankful for people like Cecil and Canaan who introduced me to Cecil. Those two are cut out of the same cloth and have utmost respect for each other. The only thing better than talking to either one of them is listening to them talk to each other.
perk
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby perk » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:37 pm

David, your right about talking to him on the phone, but man in person once you get him talking on something he likes it's awesome, whether it's triggs, God, bear hunting, judging field trials, raising chickens and hogs, growing up on an island of the Va coast that is under water today, the old timers he Fox hunted with, his dog Trump, or making mom are ketchup, you cannot get away from him and really hate to leave!
That Canaan fellow must be a heck of a guy if he gets mentioned in the likes of Cecil ...Lol
I recommend anyone ever gets the chance or has the time to make the trip go visit Cecil for a while.... 3 hrs seems like 30 minutes
'If the hounds dont catch him on top, It doesnt count'
'Day Light and Eye Sight DONT LIE!'
EGO is not your AMIGO
david
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby david » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:57 pm

Andyva
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby Andyva » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:34 am

A man with that much knowledge and experience that is not stuck on himself is a very rare commodity. The thing that always amazes me is the way he can remember who you are and every conversation he has had with you, when you are just some random person that bought a pup from him.
Bearhunter247
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 100001680361536

Postby Bearhunter247 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:04 am

Bearsnva, I saw Cecil at the field trial. Didn't know anyone else on this sight attended them. How did your hounds do?
tater
perk
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby perk » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:30 am

David, appreciate the compliment, but it might just be he and I are the only east coast guys you know who run foxhounds, a lot of people don't ways agree with my ideas or my thoughts... I'm just happy to hunt and have made several good friends, and learned about other types of hunting from a site like this. And it's even better when I get to help my friends out and introduce them to living legends like Mr Boggs
'If the hounds dont catch him on top, It doesnt count'
'Day Light and Eye Sight DONT LIE!'
EGO is not your AMIGO
bearsnva
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby bearsnva » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:29 am

Bearhunter247,
I didn't take any dogs, which probably saved some embarrassment, LOL. I always help with the judging, so have never taken any dogs. There were some good dogs there and we had a great crowd with great weather. I think it was the largest event we have had at Mr. C's. Did your dogs do good? Thanks for attending and I look forward to speaking to you in person.
Bearhunter247
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 100001680361536

Postby Bearhunter247 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:51 pm

we're the trucks that are always parked to the right of the bear if your facing the bear from the hay bales. they do ok nothing spectactular.
tater

Return to “Fox Hunting”