1st anual fun day and fund raiser

savage
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

1st anual fun day and fund raiser

Postby savage » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:01 pm

Hey folks. We are going to hold our 1st fun day/ field trial and fund raiser for the NHA. It will be July 17th just outside of Austin Nevada. We will try to lay a few drags early in the Am (while its still cool) and then have a potluck BBQ, raffle, midday and a final drag race that evening. There will be camping with shade and a creek to water dogs and fish in. There is also a reservoir up the road to go swimming in the heat of the day.

This will be a family event and all are invited. The Lion drags will have medals for the heat races and trophys for the final. We will decide on any entry fees or donations to the club at the time of the drags. This is mostly for fun but if we get a donation there may be some money for the drags (were working on that). :wink:

I already have a hound puppy that was donated to the club that we will raffle off and we have more raffle prizes too. I will post up directions as soon as I get them measured out.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Paul
"if you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics suck"

"just remember there's a lot of women out there but good dogs are hard to come by."

Paul
Dale T
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: 1st anual fun day and fund raiser

Postby Dale T » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:44 pm

Is there a chance for a water race at the pond?
savage
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby savage » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:20 pm

No, not this year at least. There will probly be a few people up there at the lake/pond camped out. We would like to have it earlyer in the spring next year so we may see.

"just remember there's a lot of women out there but good dogs are hard to come by."

Paul
M Evertsen
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby M Evertsen » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:48 am

Well,

Yesterday, I went down there to get some miles and to scope things out. There is a nice campground at the bottom of Big Creek with 2 pit toilets. There is a group site, which is where we are planning on having the BBQ, and what not.

Below the campground, less than a mile is a lot of open areas that people can camp. Also, above the campground there are plenty of places to camp as well, though there are not a lot of places for a large group of people to camp in one spot.

The creek is running quite well, and I imagine in 3 weeks, it should be down good for fishing. The pond (Groves Lake) is full, and there were a lot of fish jumping, though none hungry enough to take my lure. That is a STEEP climb in and out, and I recommend a high clearance vehicle to get to the lake if you so desire. There are some good switchbacks, and I just put my truck in 4 lo and let it roll down the hill rather than use the brakes.

I am planning on being up there and camped out on Friday morning, and will leave Sunday morning. We are going to see if we can get the group site reserved for the weekend, not sure how that will go.

To get to Big Creek, go to Austin on US 50. Just west of Austin is the intersection with State Highway 305. 3/4 of a mile west of that is the turn off to Big Creek, which is well marked.

It is 7.5 miles south to a Y in the road. Take the left turn. There is a white tank about 300 yards to the west, (right). Don't take that road. After about two miles, there is another fork, with a sign pointing to Big Creek Campground. From the fork near the white tank, it is 5 miles to the campground.

It is a good gravel road, and I did see a couple pasenger cars in there.

Any questions, you know how to get ahold of me.

I will post a couple pictures.
Later,

Marcial
The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. - Vince Lombardi
M Evertsen
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby M Evertsen » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:54 am

A couple pictures. The first is looking down from the top of the summit between Big and Kingston.

The second is looking up Big Creek.

Later,

Marcial
Attachments
SANY0093.JPG
SANY0095.JPG
The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor. - Vince Lombardi
M Evertsen
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby M Evertsen » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Well guys, it is getting closer.

We have some good prizes gathered so far, and it should be a fun time.

On Saturday, there will be a pot luck lunch.

Here is the list so far.

Burgers/dogs
Buns, condiments
Beans

For people who can, please email or call me if they plan on attending and what they can bring.

Thanks,

Marcial
savage
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby savage » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:10 pm

Puppy tickets are for sale in the classifieds for those of you who cant make it.Please help support our club as we will help support your favorite sport.Thanks, Paul

Paul
savage
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby savage » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:47 pm

Kelly Strain (of color country english) just called me and said he will donate a registered female english pup to the club too. He said she is Swamp Rooster and Woodstock Grizzly bred with Cadalac Jack also in her ped. She should be a real nice pup and about 2 1/2 months old. I think we will auction her off at the trials so if anyone wants me to bid on their behalf let me know. Thanks

Paul
houndnhorse
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby houndnhorse » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:10 pm

I think I have five coming in my group, so hide the beer.
martindalehounds@yahoo.com
At least as good as I was yesterday
taz
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby taz » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:49 am

paul or marcial let me know what i can do or bring i will probly take the day off from huntin to come saturday
Courtney Spring
775-931-0117
M Evertsen
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby M Evertsen » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:18 pm

Well, with the list I have of all the people that have commited to attending, I have a total of about 35-40 people, maybe a couple more that were not sure. It looks like if everyone brings a fair amount of food, we should be setting ok.

Just to let everyone know.

Hope to see everyone on Saturday!

Later,

Marcial

Return to “Nevada”