best state to lion hunt

Talk about Cougar Hunting with Dogs
PLOTTMAN55
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

best state to lion hunt

Postby PLOTTMAN55 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:41 pm

I been wanting to lion hunt and we were thinking bout going cat hunting in utah but i want to no the best states for it and if u can how much license cost to run um and kill um there thanks
HUNT PLOTTS OR HUNT NOTHING AT ALL!!!
foxcat
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Re: best state to lion hunt

Postby foxcat » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:50 am

I would love the opportunity to say california one day.
Bplott
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Bplott » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:49 am

I wouldn't waste ur time or money coming to utah our lion population is in the TOILET!! You could be here 2 weeks and may find one track if your lucky.....utahs glory days for lion are over thanks to sportsmens for fish and wildlife,and the dwr!!
IF IT SQUATS TO PEE, LET IT BE....
houndnem
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby houndnem » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:33 am

I'm not so sure I aggree with b-plott on this one. utah by no means is back to where it was when I first got dogs(the glory days), but I have only went out 2 times all year without cutting a track. I hunt all over the state mostly from the very southern border to the tip of central utah. maybe a little more of a positive attitude and a change of units would boost ya up a little. that being said I think there are a hand full of states that manage their lions way better than utah.
"Houndn'Ems Blueticks" if it smells like a cat, they'll catch it.
Bplott
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Bplott » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:03 pm

Well look at it this way in the glory days I used to catch 30-40 lion and 15-20 bobcats a winter and I didn't even own snowmobile back then.....now I have a sled can cover a lot of country have hunted about 12 days this year...1 lion track and 1 lion in a tree and that was a 2 day old track...I've had hounds for almost 20yrs and I'm saying it SUX here and beleave me I go to every wildlife meeting on lion and bear infact I just got home from wildlife board meeting on bear!!
houndnem
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby houndnem » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:59 pm

I aggree it could definately be better, but I know it will never be as long as the same people with the same adgendas are still doin the same thing. for instance they upped the tags on my favorite trophy unit this year and also made it a split. so far 4 females dead! on a dam trophy unit? wtf???
Bplott
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Bplott » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:20 pm

Well all I can say it is pretty sh8ty when a can drive clear across the state to go to a RAC meeting in beaver or cedar and hardly if any houndsmen in that area show up tp voice there opinion... just like at the wildlife board meeting on bear today only 5 other houndsmen showed up?? Your asking WTF?? Obviously houndsmens in this state don't care what the dwr does!
houndnem
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby houndnem » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:45 pm

maybe I just have a crappy attitude, but I don't think all the houndsman in the world could steer our racs the right way. those meetings are a joke! hand full of hound guys that can't even see eye to eye agruing with a bunch of money hungry dnr and a crap load of deer lovin cougar hatin people with their proposals.they say that tag numbers will be based on number of adult females killed. if they hold true to that tag numbers should drastically drop because ive never seen so many females hit the dirt in my life! I cut a track almost every time I go out, but they dam sure aint mature toms. utah is f-ed if they don't get rid of this stupid split. it's a rip off for people who draw l.e. tags anyway.

Return to “Lion Hunting”