220 loosing range

This is an area for Helping with Garmin Questions, Any posted References or posted Advertisements for selling Products will be removed. This is not a Place to Post your items for Sale, or Ask where to buy products.
glk7243

220 loosing range

Postby glk7243 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:34 pm

The range on my unit recently starting getting worse. It is about half of what it was. I do not have or use radios around it. I had another unit that did the same thing. Has anyone found a fix for this, or is it just a send back to Garmin and pay to refurbish?
Thanks
Gary
tman308
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Re: 220 loosing range

Postby tman308 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:20 am

Gary,

My 220 did the same thing. Have you recently updated the software? If you have you might try going back to the older version. Mine however just slowly started to lose its range. Never was exposed to much radio either. I never sent it in as I have the 320 and just use the 220 as my vehicle unit. If you want your range back unfortunately you will probably have to send it in.
Tman308

Hunt Hard, Hunt Smart, Have Fun, and take your kids with you!
not color blind
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: 220 loosing range

Postby not color blind » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:53 am

Gary, if the updating doesn't help and your astro is out of warranty look up 'what is wrong with my garmin??', in this section, and send it to those guys. They fixed one for me and a couple for my buddies that had lost range. They are cheaper (and were faster) than garmin.

If it's still under warranty send it to Garmin.

Return to “Garmin Astro Help Topics”