old fashion B&T

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
Jim Meacham
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

old fashion B&T

Postby Jim Meacham » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:13 pm

Looking to find the old fashion B&T. the 12" ears and 100lbs hounds with a real could nose and a real houndy look. I've heard of the bruiser line but have had no luck finding them or anything else for that matter. Please help. I personally run plotts but my 11 year old is looking at the mooncrickets.ha,ha
blackandtanman32

Re: old fashion B&T

Postby blackandtanman32 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:51 am

Hey Jim, Veronica Terry has some. They come from the keaster line witch was a good hunting line. She has some of their last dogs I believe and she has been breeding them. I heard that she has good results in her breeding. But those big old dogs start a little later than most in life. One guy I know of got one from her and he said it took about 7 months old till he really got running them. Those dogs are so cold nosed, you need a good cold nosed dog for training and thier a little on the slow side till they get older. Ohh yeah her kennel is Dry Creek black and tans. Hope this helps ya bud.
Farmhand
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby Farmhand » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:38 pm

Veronica does not have the last Kuester hounds. I posess one and the rest went to a man in Liverpool, Pa. One of the females is going to be bred to a male in Wis. for a repeat cross this spring or fall. That's all I know for now.
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
oakridge
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby oakridge » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:28 pm

oakridge
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby oakridge » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:42 pm

VALERIE
Facebook ID: 0

Postby VALERIE » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:32 am

If you notice the pedigree on some of Veronica's dogs you will see Chancelor's Amos....that's my dog. I ordered him straight from Roberta Kuester, one of the last litter's they whelped for the public, I don't know if they bred some for personal use later. Their son was a hunter also.
I still have a male out of Amos and Magnolia Maple ..Reuben (aka Rawhide) and a female I call Savannah both about 7 yrs old. I have a female out of Amos and Mau I call Squaw. Mau is a cat footed, square headed female that is too old for breeding now, but a beauty in her day, and has taken up residence on my front porch and patio area (kinda makes it look like a set off the old hee haw show) We got a pup out of Veronica's other dogs we called Chief, but sadly lost him a year or so ago.He was one of the most energetic old fashioned dogs I've ever seen and very nice to look at and would have made a good dog if he had been hunted more. So many dogs, so little time....We also have Walkers.
oakridge
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby oakridge » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:37 am

Send me your email and will send you some pics or a text on your phone if possible.
VALERIE
Facebook ID: 0

Postby VALERIE » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:32 am

oakridge, if you are asking about my email it's valeriechancelor@yahoo.com. would be glad to look at dog pics, especially the old fashioned long eared black and tans..thanks

Return to “Black and Tan Coonhounds”