Replacement Collar Straps

This is an area for Helping with Garmin Questions, Any posted References or posted Advertisements for selling Products will be removed. This is not a Place to Post your items for Sale, or Ask where to buy products.
ZeluvaRIP69er
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Replacement Collar Straps

Postby ZeluvaRIP69er » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:22 am

This may have already been discussed, sorry if it has. I am getting a 220 and 3 DC30s and I like to match the collars, will the DC40 replacement straps fit the DC30s? I found some for pretty cheap but money is tight and would hate to order them and get excited just to find out the hard way they won't work.

Thanks everyone and again sorry if this has been covered already >.<
Nikki Anderson "Billy Bonny"
Hair Of The Dog Outfitters
Hair Of The Dog Outlaw Biggame Kennels
R.I.P Greg Anderson *6/4/59-10/17/09*
R.I.P Cabo *10/13/04-11/20/08*
R.I.P Dirty Deeds *10/4/05-3/15/10*
Nice Toyota's, Good Plotts, Loud Music, Fresh Copenhagen Long Cut, Cold Crown Royal and Dr. Pepper, and Great Friends... Combine them all and you get what my life is all about :)
Hair Of The Dog Outlaw Biggame Kennels, home of Shuttah, Socki, Lonesome, Oakey, Deets, LeDoux, Ruger, Camo, and Gator :)
not color blind
Open Mouth
Open Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Replacement Collar Straps

Postby not color blind » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:03 pm

No they wont work. The 'gps module' is on top of the collar on the dc30s, and on the 40s it's inside the main unit.
ZeluvaRIP69er
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby ZeluvaRIP69er » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:33 pm

So is there somewhere that sells Day-Glo straps for the DC30??
Nice Toyota's, Good Plotts, Loud Music, Fresh Copenhagen Long Cut, Cold Crown Royal and Dr. Pepper, and Great Friends... Combine them all and you get what my life is all about :)
Hair Of The Dog Outlaw Biggame Kennels, home of Shuttah, Socki, Lonesome, Oakey, Deets, LeDoux, Ruger, Camo, and Gator :)
not color blind
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby not color blind » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:01 pm

I think Buddy still sells them at dusupply.com

As well as other places I'm sure.
wiwalkerman
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby wiwalkerman » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:46 pm

I used the dc 40 dayglo to color code my dc 30s. You can use regular dayglo also you will need to add 2 holes if using dc 40 or 4 holes if using regular collars. i punched the holes with a leather punch. On the dc 30 there is a pair of wires that run from one part of the collar to the other that u need to secure so they don't get ripped off. I took a utility knife blade got it hot and cut the stock dc 30 nylon collar on the outside ends as close to the gps parts as i could (Only 2 cuts basicaly cutting the buckle and the holes off) leaving the wires protected inbetween. i removed the screws and lined up the new holes and bolted thru the new and old collar. buddy has the step by step instructions on here of how to do it ( not the way i did it)
Huntsalittle

Postby Huntsalittle » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:28 pm

I do the same thing as wiwalkerman, that is cut the buckle end of the garmin collar off close to the sending unit and the other end off on the oppisite end of the gps antenna. I use a soldering iron to seal the cuts. Then make holes for the sending unit, take the metal plate off the back, put your colored coller on and put the screws back in. But, before you make holes for the gps antenna buckle the collar to the approximate size of a dogs neck. If you lay the collar out straight to make the holes then the slight difference in the circumfurance of the collars (inside collar circumferance versus outside collar circumferance) will put one or the other in a bind when you buckle it on a dog. Since I use the longer aftermarket antennas on my collars I put a one inch piece of fairly heavy shrink tubing around the antenna and collar next to the gps antenna (on the sending unit side). Helps keep it in place and standing up better a think.
ZeluvaRIP69er
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby ZeluvaRIP69er » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:13 pm

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the advice. Hopefully I get these soon so I can get started lol

Return to “Garmin Astro Help Topics”