Nance Stud (SLASH)

Discuss pedigrees, post photos, and etc...
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Re: Nance Stud (SLASH)

Postby mark » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:09 am

I asked two questions (that to me are very important traits in a dog)

I dont recall ever seeing a picture without snow in it and was just wondering if Slash had been hunted on bare ground? Had no intention of ruffling anyones feathers. Sorry if i offended Todd in anyway. Throw the soup line deal out for me i would just pay for the pup.
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:14 am

I hear ya dewey! But its kinda nice when a dog figures its mistake out by itself sometime before it gets to the afterbirth.
Todd Davis
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Todd Davis » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:17 am

WOW !!!! Let me tell ya i hunt SNOW and in the country i hunt ,these two Nance dogs work well for me, they may or may not work in your country or your style as I dont huntin your counrty or type same goes for your dogs with me .If you look real close that brand is not a superman (S) these are dogs, i would like to see a dog that dont make mistake .I can a sure you , you can find holes in any dog in yours or mine . I dont need any one to train dogs for me thanks . If you want a pup get one and try it . Not sure where the back track come from . I put my dogs down on tracks and if some dont know witch way the track is going in snow some things wrong . :beer

I am glad you fellas are following Slash :wink:
mark
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby mark » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:34 am

Sorry i was just asking a question. It must not of came across the way i intended it to.
live to hunt
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby live to hunt » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:37 am

Todd how many pups are on the ground out of Slash?
Todd Davis
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Todd Davis » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:38 am

Mark you did not offend me , it would take a hell of alot more then some questions to offend me.
Dewey , i hope things are going better tonight . I was just going to let you know if you really are interested in the nance blood . You should breed one of your good females to one . It would be interesting to see how they crossed on your running dogs . Good hunting
fill free to give me a call
406 560 2097

Todd
cougar2
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby cougar2 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:48 pm

I own a full brother to the Slash hound and have raised this line of hounds for years, I am 52 years old and have hunted with hounds since a young kid with my dad, I live in So. Utah and in my opinion have some of the toughest dry ground conditions, this strain has worked as well as any I have had for our conditions snow or dirt, I owned the dam to Topper Again and Sampson dogs who's owners have made a name for these dogs and close to all their littermates where top hounds, one of the best hounds I owned was a littermate to the Topper dog, he was a true dry ground dog but died at age 2,, I would have to believe the Slsah dog would do just fine if hunted enough on dry, I will continue to raise this strain for as long as I can, I'm sure there are a lot of other strains that can get it done, but I believe Todd's hound is some of the best breeding out there snow or dry, just one man's opinion for what it's worth.
Marshall
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Marshall » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:28 am

I've hunted with a couple nance dogs and have liked them a lot, they are very good tempered, easy to handle dogs with a lot of nose power and good stuff between the ears IMO. The two downfalls I've seen in the two I've been around is locating in big timber and ones feet didn't hold up that great. The big timber locating can be a problem in my country and I'm not saying all these dogs are this way by any means....as I said I've only hunted with two. Here where I live it's not uncommon to walk up to a 150 ft. Tall Fir, 5 ft. Across at the bottom or a ponderosa of the same size or bigger. My question is how often do you guys hunt in timber like this if you do. I'm not trying to start any crap here by any means I'm asking this because I like the what I've seen in them but the locating makes me a bit hesitant to pull the trigger on getting one. How much do you guys focus on locating in this line of nance?
Todd Davis
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Todd Davis » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:32 am

Marshall,

In the fifteen years being in hounds (not a long time ), I have hunted blue,red, black, running dog and walkers . These two walkers i have worked the best for me in the conditions i hunt . I do not hunt a bunch of dogs(2-4) so if each dog cant start a track and finish it with the game ,the dog is no good to me . I hunt all kinds of timber from tall thick fir to tall narrow larch with good success. I have not had a foot problem yet.

Todd
Mr.pacojack
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 100000463480608

Postby Mr.pacojack » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:47 pm

Todd, Come over and put your stud ad on our site, I promise you we wont let them trash it like they have done here.
http://www.forum.workingdogsworldwide.com/index.php
LIGHTNING RIDGE KENNELS
Walker breeding at it's best
Used to Catch Big Game
Our choice is as simple as Black and White
Devin Staker
970-756-5998
http://www.forum.workingdogsworldwide.com/
cougar2
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby cougar2 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:27 pm

I don't know how anyone can judge a strain or breed of any kind by hunting only two of them, I have seen dogs from all breeds that are not that good at locating and I also think locating is the toughest trait to find in a hound, the nance dogs I have hunted are the most well rounded dogs I have hunted, feet are probably the biggest issue in them and most of them have tons of heart to keep them going when their feet give out , if kept in good condition feet are not that big of deal, I had a couple of blueticks of a certain strain once that were bad at fighting and was called crazy for thinking they were all that way and I was, hunt what you like if they work for you then thats all that matters.
Marshall
Open Mouth
Open Mouth

Postby Marshall » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:21 am

I haven't seen where anyone has trashed anything here and I went through and re-read all the posts to make sure. The spinning the track question is for dry ground guys is how I took it, and for the guys that hunt dry ground, it's a important thing to know IMO. I think the question is if you ever do hunt dry ground and the dogs hit a tack backwards, then do they tend to spin it or push it til I peters out?

To whoever said you can't judge a line of dogs by only hunting with two. I couldn't agree more with you....... That's why I asked the question.

I don't mean any disrespect by saying this but if I offered up a dog for stud then I would personally expect a pile of questions about the dogs abilities and downfalls before someone wanted to breed to it and not jump into it blindly.

I don't believe anyone here is saying that your stud is not worthy by any means and the pictures clearly show he can get it done. I think the questions are more focused on the finer things about the dog as opposed to the obvious.
twist
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Postby twist » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:59 am

Very interested to know how many pups are on the ground out of him and how they are doing? Andy
The home of TOPPER AGAIN bred biggame hounds.
nait hadya
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby nait hadya » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:14 am

al baldwin
Babble Mouth
Babble Mouth

Postby al baldwin » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:33 am

Return to “Treeing Walker Coonhounds”