another bear attack in Ontario

Talk about Bear Hunting
chris lavoie
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

another bear attack in Ontario

Postby chris lavoie » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:50 am

A hiker just east of Dryden was attacked yesterday. His dog saved him when the bear left the hiker alone to chase the dog. The guy went into the water to escape. The bear came after him a second time but the dog came to his rescue again. The hiker took off when the dog and bear got out of sight. They live trapped the bear the next day. In May, in Cochran On., a guy ran into his cabin to get away from a bear, but didn't latch the door properly. The bear got into the cabin and when the guy ran out of his cabin the bear chased him down and mauled him. Two ladies in a car saw the mauling in progress and drove right up to the bear, scaring it off, and drove the man to the hospital. They killed the bear later. Because of no Spring bear hunt the bear's are losing their fear of man.
Last edited by chris lavoie on Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bow
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Re: another bear attack in Ontario

Postby Bow » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:58 am

We have never hunted in the spring here and we don't have bears attacking.
Jake Bell
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Jake Bell » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:14 pm

I wonder if they actually got the right bears when you think about it, i mean those are evidently predatory bears so hauling in a culvert trap to catch a bear that prefers to kill his own meals doesn't make much sense to me, gotta love the MNR, my thoughts are they just kill the first bear they catch out of that area to keep the public off their ass when they should be using the help of houndsmen who can actually put down on that specific bear and deal with it but typical Ontario government, no common sense, they love those Toronto votes too much i guess.
Proud to be Canadian
chris lavoie
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby chris lavoie » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:21 pm

bow, Ontario has probably the highest bear population in North America other than B.C. The town dump here the other day we saw 11 bear's at once, they are constantly chasing people back to their vehicles. Just a 1/2 mile from town. Way too many bear's here!! But I like it that way.
chris lavoie
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby chris lavoie » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:19 pm

Just heard on the news that the dog that saved the man died during the battle. The man got out of the Dryden hospital yesterday. They decided to euthanize the bear today!! As Jake said, is it the right bear!!
Jake Bell
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Jake Bell » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:56 am

the Minden dump about an hr from me had 40 bears in it one day last year and they had to close it for the day, most i ever seen was 23, looked like a bunch of stocky angus cattle out there lol not a prettier sight for a bear hunter! And Bow, as Chris said we have a high bear density and the further north you go the less people there are, when the spring bear hunt was here everyone bear hunted all across the province, they shut it down and now not near as many people do it so the bears (mainly in remote area's but not always) have lost that fear of humans, i notice a big difference in the bears when i go hunt the big woods up north compared to cottage country bears. Too bad we can't relocate some of those predatory bears down to queens park and see how they like living with them.
Proud to be Canadian

Return to “Bear Hunting”