Geat news for hound hunters

Talk about Bear Hunting
lrscott1
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Geat news for hound hunters

Postby lrscott1 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:49 pm

I wrote on here last week about Idaho F&G wanting to close hound training in unites 4-4A-6.
The Idaho Hound Hunters decided to go the public comment section at the sport show last Friday and talk to the F&G about our concerns.
We talked to Jon Rachael head wildlife manager for this region, and Jennifer Struthers biologist for region 3. Myself and others representing the IHA had very good conversation with Idaho Fish & Game. We voiced our concerns and I felt F&G genially listened to us.
As a result Jim Hayden ( F&G Head Bear Biologist For the state of Idaho) called me Monday and said that,
Ending the pursuit season in unites 4-4A-6 was just a proposal and that after the public comment, decided to cancel the proposal . I think this is great. Thanks guys and gals for all the letters to F&G
Beardawgs
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Geat news for hound hunters

Postby Beardawgs » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:51 pm

Thats great to hear, thanks for the hard work! Finally a victory for hound hunters.
Wide Open!

North Idaho Big Game Hounds
LBell
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby LBell » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:08 am

Good deal Randy, I was gonna ask Tim about this but our subway schedules haven't lined up lately.
houndmen89

Postby houndmen89 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:47 am

Great news for you guys... hopefully we can get our stuff turned around down here in California..
T.Hunt
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby T.Hunt » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:12 pm

This is a perfect example of why the club was started so many years ago. For the last several years the club has goton off track, focusing on trials. We have a very diverse board of directors, that are passionate about the perpetuation of hound hunting. This club is heading in the right direction fast. Many thanks to Randy, Jake, and all who put in the effort, and intelligent informational research on this matter.
IDAHO HOUNDSMEN ASSOCIATION
PRESIDENT: TIM HUNT
PHONE: (208) 850-7192
E-MAIL: tim@giantproduce.com
hounddude
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby hounddude » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:51 am

Guys
Thanks for the great job in helping to stop any decline in our opportunity for training.
Please post how to join the IHA I'm wanting to give them my support.
Thanks again.
Mark Stone
T.Hunt
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby T.Hunt » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:54 pm

The IHA is holding its annual banquet this Saturday evening, at the Caldwell Elks lodge. Social hour is at 6:00pm and dinner is at 7:00pm. Dinner is free with paid membership. Memberships are $15.00 for single, or $25 for family. This is a good oppurtunity to meet the board of directors, and mingle with other houndsmen. We have a great raffle this year as well.
If you cannot make it to the banquet, send me an email tim@giantproduce.com,or call (208) 850-7192, and I will get you the information needed to join.
IDAHO HOUNDSMEN ASSOCIATION
PRESIDENT: TIM HUNT
PHONE: (208) 850-7192
E-MAIL: tim@giantproduce.com
hounddude
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Postby hounddude » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:01 pm

Thanks Tim

Return to “Bear Hunting”