where is the snow

A place to talk about coyote Hunting with dogs
wvreddogs
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth
Facebook ID: 0

where is the snow

Postby wvreddogs » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:22 am

hey guys , anyone chase any coyotes this year? got me a good dog now , all geared up but no snow here in wv, gonna give it a try with out it I guess. any input on that will help. good luck everyone and be safe.
bbde17
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Re: where is the snow

Postby bbde17 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:43 am

weve been out twice this weeek, had a so so chase on monday but the yote ended up crossin out over a major highway got lucky and caught the dog before it got squished crossing the road
and tuesday took forever to start got one up and runnin but only lasted a short while, not exctly sure whatwent on but the 3 dogs ended up inside the fence at a big solar farm that turned into a lot of fun, not... im in ontario theres been a bit of snow but its been warm and raining a bit heddin out in a sec to see what we can do tday
wvreddogs
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby wvreddogs » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:45 pm

my goal is to have a dog that you can just turn him or her loose, like you would a coon dog let them do all the work, im just getting into chasen yotes not real common around here, mostly bear hunters, and some coon hunters. but we are over run with yotes. I have couple young dogs been trying to train for yotes only, I have a older dog she likes yotes also bear to, so I just cant turn her loose let her hunt one up we got a lot of bear here to. snow be nice find a good track turn em on it, whats best thang get them yotes barken in day time, if I can do that id just walk dogs into them?
bbde17
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby bbde17 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:38 am

up here we generally drive around till we find a good track and cut them loose, dad always tells stories of walking his dogs through a bush( not on a lead) hed just walk along and the dogs would start one if it was in there. but that only works with dogs that know what their after.
one way of finding yotes in the morning, go buy a coyote mouth call, primos calls makes a few good ones, tour around just before daylight to different places you hunt and blow the call. if your lucky they will reply and you can at least be assured there are yotes in that bush when u walk in. one other thing id do and maybe you have is shoot the next coyote you see or if a friend shoots one get it and tease ur dogs with it, get them roaring at it on their chain more apt to get a hate on for them and wanna chase them
just my $.2 or
Kflippen

Postby Kflippen » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:09 am

Jkohnke
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Jkohnke » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:17 pm

Get you a siren. Takes 2 people. One to work the siren the other person needs to be down the rd a little way. The sound from the siren will make it hard to hear the coyotes when they answer , that's why the other guy should be down the rd. Most of the time if ones in hearing range of the siren he will answer.
Jkrunnindogs
wvreddogs
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Postby wvreddogs » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:54 pm

10 4 , on the siren, Im from Rock Cave wv, id be ok if it snow find some tracks. we just haven't had any snow hardly. had some in deer season, that's about it.
Jkohnke
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Postby Jkohnke » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:17 am

Well I'm in south ms. I don't know anything about running anything in the snow. A time or 2 during deer season in the past years we got snow
Jkrunnindogs

Return to “Coyote Hunting”